Avallanche (a skin based on Avalon) - Update 1.6.0.9 - 01.11.2014 (2 Viewers)

sweborn

Extension Designer
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
+1 for me as mentioned above!

Is this feature or a bug? Any pointers where to start debugging the issue?

Ah - what is a season ticket program? If it is not shown it must be a visibility issue (I assume the record is working?) so what you would need to do to find it is to look for the xml holding the entry - maybe by searching for the record icon used in the epg an look for all xml's where this pic is used - one of these shoudl be the one responsible.

When I do fixups it also rather try and error - as long you keep a copy of teh original files nothing bad can happen if you mess up. As the sink itself is more community driven than other ones here every one is welcome to play his part :) - I sure sweborn is happy to include a fix in the next release if soemone can provide one.

The problem is a missing icon. I will include it in the next release. I will also fix the problem with font9 that currently exist in some Trakt files and Clickfinder.

Dallas

Portal Member
November 27, 2011
Hi. I am a complete novice where MP comes in and am still learning my way around. I use the Avalanche skin because I like it the best. However I have one problem. The skin wont show the titles across the top of the screen such as: Videos, Music, TV Series, Moving Pictures, Weather etc. All it shows is: #topitem1, #bottomitem1, #bottomitem2 etc.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

sweborn

Extension Designer
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi. I am a complete novice where MP comes in and am still learning my way around. I use the Avalanche skin because I like it the best. However I have one problem. The skin wont show the titles across the top of the screen such as: Videos, Music, TV Series, Moving Pictures, Weather etc. All it shows is: #topitem1, #bottomitem1, #bottomitem2 etc.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

I am glad that you like Avallache. It seems that I have missed to add Avallanche.xml in the latest installation file. Copy this file and replace the existing file in C:\ Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal. Then customize the content to suit your preference in Avallanche config. I hope that helps.

Attachments

• Avallanche.xml
    5.9 KB

Wondermusic

Retired Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Sweborn,

I think there is a problem with the new MP 1.8 and the Menu Editor of Avallanche…
    I attached the configuration logs of MP.

Before I had installed MP 1.5 (now upgraded directly to 1.8) and everythings went fine.
    Skin is loading normally with MP 1.8, only the Editor is making problems.

Cheers,
    Richy

Btw. Very nice Skin! On the way to switch from StreamedMP to yours… But first I have to finish the Avallanche Skin for MPDisplay++. ;)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Sweborn,

I think there is a problem with the new MP 1.8 and the Menu Editor of Avallanche…
    I attached the configuration logs of MP.

Before I had installed MP 1.5 (now upgraded directly to 1.8) and everythings went fine.
    Skin is loading normally with MP 1.8, only the Editor is making problems.

Cheers,
    Richy

Btw. Very nice Skin! On the way to switch from StreamedMP to yours… But first I have to finish the Avallanche Skin for MPDisplay++. ;)

Since 1.7 there is n new installer included - the old one is not going to work with 1.7 and above. Please upgrade the skin itself too and choose the correct installer - probably you need to uninstall it first.

Wondermusic

Retired Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi pur_berger,

omg… You are right! I remember now that there was the question which version of MP I was using…
    OK! Forget my post above..!

Cheers,
    Richy

luis7

Portal Pro
    February 22, 2012
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi. I´m going crazy to show latest movies in homescreen. Itr show latest music and pictures but no videos. Why? I use myvideos like video plugin if it is useful information. thanks. (mp 1.7.1)

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi. I´m going crazy to show latest movies in homescreen. Itr show latest music and pictures but no videos. Why? I use myvideos like video plugin if it is useful information. thanks. (mp 1.7.1)
    It is a issue in the Avallanche plugin. Until I've fixed the problem, you can edit the file "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Avallanche.xml" manually.

<entry name="menuItemName2">Video</entry>
    <entry name="menuItemHyperlink2">6</entry>
    <entry name="menuItemBgImage2">movies (user)</entry>
    <entry name="menuItemRecentMedia2">MyVideos</entry>

This should fix the problem. Good luck

Edit: I have updated the plugin and will attach it to the next Avallanche version when I get back from my vacation in about a week. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom