Avallanche (a skin based on Avalon) - Update 1.6.0.9 - 01.11.2014 (1 Viewer)

majorfox

Portal Member
April 26, 2008
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hi. I am a complete novice where MP comes in and am still learning my way around. I use the Avalanche skin because I like it the best. However I have one problem. The skin wont show the titles across the top of the screen such as: Videos, Music, TV Series, Moving Pictures, Weather etc. All it shows is: #topitem1, #bottomitem1, #bottomitem2 etc.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

I am glad that you like Avallache. It seems that I have missed to add Avallanche.xml in the latest installation file. Copy this file and replace the existing file in C:\ Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal. Then customize the content to suit your preference in Avallanche config. I hope that helps.

Hello,
first of all... great work. this is one of my favorite skins (thumbs up)

but sadly, I am running on MP1.8 and have this #topitem1 issue. your xml file changed nothing. any idea what to try next?
Thanx for help

sweborn

Extension Designer
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi. I am a complete novice where MP comes in and am still learning my way around. I use the Avalanche skin because I like it the best. However I have one problem. The skin wont show the titles across the top of the screen such as: Videos, Music, TV Series, Moving Pictures, Weather etc. All it shows is: #topitem1, #bottomitem1, #bottomitem2 etc.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

I am glad that you like Avallache. It seems that I have missed to add Avallanche.xml in the latest installation file. Copy this file and replace the existing file in C:\ Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal. Then customize the content to suit your preference in Avallanche config. I hope that helps.

Hello,
first of all... great work. this is one of my favorite skins (thumbs up)

but sadly, I am running on MP1.8 and have this #topitem1 issue. your xml file changed nothing. any idea what to try next?
Thanx for help
I don't really know what is wrong. Try to uninstall Avallanche and install the latest version.

majorfox

Portal Member
April 26, 2008
Home Country
Austria Austria
if the lastest version is 1.6.0.2 I have done this 142 times :( (damn, it. it seems I need to fully reinstall mediaportal :( )

sweborn

Extension Designer
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
if the lastest version is 1.6.0.2 I have done this 142 times :( (damn, it. it seems I need to fully reinstall mediaportal :( )
Did you first uninstalled Avallanche with "MediaPortal Extension Installer"?

sweborn

Extension Designer
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I tried the "MediaPortal Extension Installer", just to reinstall it and to delete it by hand
Did you even delete AvallancheEditor.dll and AvallancheConfig.dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins before the new installation?

premolas

Portal Member
December 6, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi sweborn, firstly can i say this is by far my favorite skin, you can tell alot of work has gone into this and love the new epg look....well done!, one question and i don't know if anyone else has this small problem but when i browse my music albums and then press i for info on one of the albums there is no info or tracks in the popup window, even when i refresh you can tell it has grabbed the album info and tracks but still nothing appears, any ideas?...thanks for your time!

David.

muellinger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2009
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just upgraded to MePo 1.8 and Avallanche 1.6.0.3. There are no issues by now. Thanks for your hard and awesome work!
    I like the better readabillity of the EPG!

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi sweborn, firstly can i say this is by far my favorite skin, you can tell alot of work has gone into this and love the new epg look....well done!, one question and i don't know if anyone else has this small problem but when i browse my music albums and then press i for info on one of the albums there is no info or tracks in the popup window, even when i refresh you can tell it has grabbed the album info and tracks but still nothing appears, any ideas?...thanks for your time!

David.
    Hi David,
    I'm so happy of all the praise. That is what make me to continue. :) I'm about to fix this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom