Avallonis (a skin based on Avalon) (2 Viewers)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The Now Playing overlay overlaps the episode still in Trakt/Calender.

Emph

Attachments

• overlap.jpg
      overlap.jpg
      56.8 KB

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm confused when it comes to the config.. If I look in the config at the items on the basic home, they are different to what actually shows up..

Am I missing something here? I'm used to StreamedMP and can configure that skin just fine..

For example.. On my screen in MP, I have Play Disc - in the config, there is no such item on the right hand side...

Another example... In the config, it has Movies... in MP, there is no such option..

It's obviously something obvious (but not to me!) - someone please enlighten me!

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I made an alternative splashscreen to match the white theme.

Emph

Attachments

• splashscreen.png
      splashscreen.png
      771.3 KB

chrisworkman

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I think the new White theme is really good. However, the fonts can sometimes be hard to read. Maybe darken or fatten them a bit?

sukceso

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2008
    Herrenberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I really like the white version, great work.

But I would prefer a less dominant fanart version (e. g. in music / movies). Something like white background which is only let's say 10% transparent to see some fanart very light in the background. Can somebody please guide me in the right direction how to change this for myself? Would be great, thank you very much.

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    At the risk of sounding like a fanboy, but everything you touch seems to turn to gold... or white in this case. Very nice job.

So you got rid of the reason why I didn't like Avalon in the first place, the center menu. Why not take it one step further and let the poster slide in from the left so the center and focus point of the fanart is never covered. You could also tweak the "hide while not scrolling option" to "hide always".

Overall looking very professional in white, commercial even, in a good way.

Thanks

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For those of you with the Avallonis Editor exception, you can still save your settings by clicking "Continue" in the error window, browse to the Cache folder (in Windows 7 it's "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache" (ProgramData might be hidden)) and create a folder as mentioned above named "Avallonis", then click save again within the Editor which should work now. You won't have to do the changes all over again this way.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    As far as I know, the continue just works, its only trying to access the cached folder contents to delete them, so if they are not there job done, just should not throw a exception, just ignore.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Thanks for all feedback on the new version. I have done some quick fixes and a new patch is now available (see link below). This patch requires version 1.0.4.0 of the skin so please install that before trying to find/apply this patch.

Avallonis Version 1.0.5.0
    [CHANGE LOG]
    • Reworked TVGuide in white theme
    • Fixed Editor crash from 1.0.4.0
    • Fixed error in highlighted color on listsitems
    • A few minor improvements to the white theme (colors and images)
    Will continue to look at all your feedback and try to include your requests in versions to come.

Link to patch.

EDIT!
    If you install the complete version 1.0.5.0 of the skin there is no need for the patch ;)

best regards
    cul8er

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah o.k. Patch is only required if 1.0.4.0 is installed. 1.0.5 has everything included

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom