Avallonis (a skin based on Avalon) (4 Viewers)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
@Cul8er: I've finally found some time to take a look at MP again and update to the latest version of Avallonis, it's looking great, awesome work!! :)

But I'm a tweaker and one thing I would like to change is how the submenuItems are shown: I would like to have the submenu_arrow.png showing if there are submenuItems for the selected menuItem but not have the submenu showing by default (i.e. so "full screen" fanart is shown when scrolling through all menuItems by default). Then clicking "down" would show the submenu. Clicking "up" or "left" from there would hide the submenu again without having to wait for the MiscBasichomeHide to "kick in".

I've had a look at the code but I haven't been able to figure out a way to do this - I'm getting rusty at this skinning stuff! o_O:D Can you point me towards what I need to change to achieve this?

Cheers
Bleazle

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Thanks for your report. Can you please describe step by step how you do to get this result as I have a hard time reproducing this issue.

best regards

cul8er

No problem.

1) Enter Settings -> SkinSettings

2) I just went to Miscellaneous and toggled "Show Hidden Menu Image" and "Show 5 Day Weather..."

3) While still being in MP everything is fine, but quit and restart and you got white font on grey background in TVSeries for example

Thanks

Hi,

If anyone have the problem that colors in lists changes after you have been in Settings (and then restarted MP) then this is because in "Settings\SkinSettings\Miscellaneous\Set List Colors" you have probably the blue theme values stored. Please choose option 6 "Restore Defaults", restart MP and all should be fine (this fetches the colors from the current theme and stores for the future).

best regards

cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @Cul8er: I've finally found some time to take a look at MP again and update to the latest version of Avallonis, it's looking great, awesome work!! :)

But I'm a tweaker and one thing I would like to change is how the submenuItems are shown: I would like to have the submenu_arrow.png showing if there are submenuItems for the selected menuItem but not have the submenu showing by default (i.e. so "full screen" fanart is shown when scrolling through all menuItems by default). Then clicking "down" would show the submenu. Clicking "up" or "left" from there would hide the submenu again without having to wait for the MiscBasichomeHide to "kick in".

I've had a look at the code but I haven't been able to figure out a way to do this - I'm getting rusty at this skinning stuff! o_O:D Can you point me towards what I need to change to achieve this?

Cheers
    Bleazle
    Hi,

This is unfortunately handled by a plugin so at the moment there is no way (that I know of) to make it the way you suggest. Perhaps I can include this as an option for a future release.

cheers
    cul8er

kjd01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 24, 2009
    I am really loving this skin especially with the new features of the beta 4tr.

Currently I have configured the basic home screen to show specific images instead of fan art for each menu item. This works great except when moving between menu items I see a fan art image appear very briefing during the fade between images function.
    Also I would still love to see an option to have more channels in both the mini tv guide and the main tv guide.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    also ... something must be done about fanart background cropping ... I can't think of a solution, right off, though. (See pic attached)

Chuck

Hi,

Have been working a little on the backgroung "cropping", please see the first attached image. Have also worked on the transparency of all overlays (see pic 2 to 4).

Hope you like it.

cheers
    cul8er

Attachments

• screenshot20.jpg
      screenshot20.jpg
      411.9 KB
    • screenshot21.jpg
      screenshot21.jpg
      373.1 KB
    • screenshot22.jpg
      screenshot22.jpg
      393 KB
    • screenshot23.jpg
      screenshot23.jpg
      325.4 KB

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks great! Like the fact that you are going more Backdroppy.

A small but:
    Screenshots 21 and 23 show that more than half of the respective list overlays is empty. Considering that "The Chronicles of Riddick" is a pretty long movie title maybe shrink the overlay width or enlarge the list font to make more use of the space.

Speaking of Backdrop... the animations of Avallonis in general are more sluggish (for me) than the ones of your great Backdrop skin. Perhaps you'll find a way to merge some code or values, although I fully understand that this does not deserve any priority.

Thanks

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Have been working a little on the backgroung "cropping", please see the first attached image. Have also worked on the transparency of all overlays (see pic 2 to 4).

Much nicer.

I was playing with the xmls for Blue today. Would you consider resizing the "full frame" fanart/backdrop to 1860 x 1046 and moving PosY to 117, then masking the upper and lower right corners to blend the edges into the overlay? You would only be losing about 8% of the fanart off the bottom of the screen. I set some transparency to the overlay (basichome_top_menu_bg_full.png) Just some thoughts. I attached the xml mods, as well as the "blue" mask image.

Chuck
    20-04-30.png20-07-10.png20-20-26.png

Attachments

• avalonis mod.zip
      593.9 KB

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...I would like to have the submenu_arrow.png showing if there are submenuItems for the selected menuItem but not have the submenu showing by default (i.e. so "full screen" fanart is shown when scrolling through all menuItems by default). Then clicking "down" would show the submenu. Clicking "up" or "left" from there would hide the submenu again without having to wait for the MiscBasichomeHide to "kick in"....

Hi,

This is unfortunately handled by a plugin so at the moment there is no way (that I know of) to make it the way you suggest. Perhaps I can include this as an option for a future release.

cheers
    cul8er

That would be great :), I could make my own BasicHome screen from scratch but I'm guessing that there are others who would like this option too judging by the feedback on getting the fanart looking right in various screens. I have moved the Y position of the big fanart on the BasicHome screen to 170 because I didn't like the chopped off heads I kept seeing :D

Love the quick updates too btw (y)

Cheers

Bleazle

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Another question: For some reason I stick at the colour Cyan for watched items in the White Template - resetting doesn't do the trick. Where can I check this manually?

Best Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom