Avalon Bug Reports & Issues (1 Viewer)

twinking

Portal Member
May 4, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey,

I have a problem when i try to start Media Portal 1.2.3 with Avalon I fall back on the Windows Desktop. This error log is created:

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Someone here on the forums suggested to uninstall avalon and install it again. Prob seems to be that the fonts are not properly installed. You might check that after install in C:\Windows\Fonts

Edit: Have a look there for "Avalon"

mmigstation - 2012-07-10 - Image -001.png

Last edited:

twinking

Portal Member
    May 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey thank you. But a reinstall does not work. Also tried to install with Admin Rights. I also have the Avalon Fonts.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm, bad. You might try to install the fonts manually with admin rights. Right click and install.
    Got em out of the install package. Maybe it's because of the mayafont....

Attachments

• fonts.zip
      294.9 KB

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Using Avalon 1.0 with sPiel's MyVideos mod: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/avalon-553/avalon-community-mods-103097/index2.html#post818424

I don't use MyTV Series (I just don't), but I arrange my series in MyVideos.

Across my clients, certain videos appear in a larger font as per attached shot. It's the same without the mod mentioned above.

There doesn't appear to be a pattern as it will be a couple of videos in one folder, none in another, or just the one (as per attached), but it's the same videos across the clients. I can't see anything obvious about the particular files in Windows Explorer, & they're fine in DefaultWide.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edit: I've found what's caused it. Some sort of apostrophe issue. I'm using FileBot to rename my files & it occasionally throws in a tilted apostrophe (so it looks on screen what it looks like on the keyboard - like a high comma - think it's called an acute accent) instead of the straight up & down one that's usually used ('). I'm guessing the font doesn't know how to handle it?

Going to push this one :p.
    This is something that realy bugs me, and its everywhere... :(. I actually postetd this problem some time ago aswell (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...2-x-original-thread.97517/page-50#post-783875), but didnt know at the time what caused it. Yeah, you are right, that the symbol "’" causes it. Pretty sure the font cant handle it and another, standard font is loaded. This doesnt happen in standard skin. As sites like tvdb, moviedb and imdb use this symbol all the time, its not just a problem of a few, who have "funny" naming for their files, but a problem for everybody. Im just shocked, that apperently only we are bugged by this, and everybody else doesnt care ;P.

twinking

Portal Member
    May 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Luca,

I tried do install your fonts. It says, that the fonts are already installed, and i choose to reinstall them. But when i search them in the Windows Font Directory I cant find them.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hm, that's odd. I just did it on my clean sys and it worked. I assume you're on win 7? maybe you can't find them via the search box cause the index isn't already built. have a look for them manually by scrolling to them. and have a look in your win system settings>Fonts (should normally show up the same as the folder above).
    If you can find them restart your sys and start mp again with avalon.

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I thought SubCentral is not (officially) supported by Avalon yet? Correct me if I am wrong.
    But maybe there is a community mod for it somewhere?

I found a little tweak for subcentral font colours. Deleted line 89 in subcentral.search.xml

Copy attached file to your skin folder, Enjoy!

Attachments

• SubCentral.Search.xml
      13.5 KB

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi mr viggo,

great! much better than before! There will be no highlighting of the best match then?

Users who are viewing this thread