Avalon Bug Reports & Issues (1 Viewer)

pünktchen

Portal Pro
October 26, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Avalon Bug Reports & Issues

ONLY in Basic Home when a popup menu is shown (e.g. disc inserted)
the popup AND the background menu are focused.

Focus Problem.jpg

mbb

Portal Pro
November 20, 2004
Home Country
France France
In TV-Series, the color of the watched series doesnt change without the infos at the bottom of the screeen

The killing detail would be to change the eye symbol as viewed too ;)

Problem solved by re install directly from version 1.0 (maybe the problem came from the update from beta version ?)

logifuse

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Sydney
Home Country
It seems that I'm a bit odd in that I don't particularly want the weather on my HTPCs, so if you don't install World Weather, it's easy to get rid of the current/forecast strip at the bottom of basic home (there's a toggle in the skin settings), but you're left with missing current temp & conditions to the right of the time at the top. I edited common.time.xml to get rid of them (& shift the time further right), but shouldn't there be an easier way if you don't want weather?

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It seems that I'm a bit odd in that I don't particularly want the weather on my HTPCs, so if you don't install World Weather, it's easy to get rid of the current/forecast strip at the bottom of basic home (there's a toggle in the skin settings), but you're left with missing current temp & conditions to the right of the time at the top. I edited common.time.xml to get rid of them (& shift the time further right), but shouldn't there be an easier way if you don't want weather?

I also think the ability to have turn on/off the visibility of the weather next to the time would be a good idea. Currently I use this feature (w/ BBC Weather) but in future I'll be setting up some simple clients with minimal plugins, so I will also need to modify the xml as logifuse has done if it can't be done in the settings.

OleDK

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Re: Play disc not taking focus

Hi,

I have a problem with the menu item "play disc" in Avalon 1.0.

If I select play disc from the home screen or insert a dvd and it automatically brings up the play dialog, the menu is not in focus and moving up and down changes the menu on the home screen in the background.

I have tried to remove the item from the main menu and reinstall it. The video plug-in is enabled.

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: Play disc not taking focus

Hi,

If I select play disc from the home screen or insert a dvd and it automatically brings up the play dialog, the menu is not in focus and moving up and down changes the menu on the home screen in the background.

Same problem as in post #41, right? The behaviour is the same with the update notifications from the extension plugin.

//W

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Play disc not taking focus

Hi,

Same problem as in post #41, right? The behaviour is the same with the update notifications from the extension plugin.

//W

Same problem here. Any chance for a fix? This is really annoying.

keithwhite

Portal Member
    August 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Hi

Thanks for the great skin:D it looks great.

I do seem to have found a problem. I'm using 4tr and when I go to radio recordings I get the TV recordings page up, is this something I can fix or does it need a change in the main script ?

Keith

logifuse

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Using Avalon 1.0 with sPiel's MyVideos mod: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/avalon-553/avalon-community-mods-103097/index2.html#post818424

I don't use MyTV Series (I just don't), but I arrange my series in MyVideos.

Across my clients, certain videos appear in a larger font as per attached shot. It's the same without the mod mentioned above.

There doesn't appear to be a pattern as it will be a couple of videos in one folder, none in another, or just the one (as per attached), but it's the same videos across the clients. I can't see anything obvious about the particular files in Windows Explorer, & they're fine in DefaultWide.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edit: I've found what's caused it. Some sort of apostrophe issue. I'm using FileBot to rename my files & it occasionally throws in a tilted apostrophe (so it looks on screen what it looks like on the keyboard - like a high comma - think it's called an acute accent) instead of the straight up & down one that's usually used ('). I'm guessing the font doesn't know how to handle it?

Attachments

• AvalonFonts.JPG
      AvalonFonts.JPG
      54 KB

mobydick101

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Topbar missing

First of all, a big thank you to the programmers for this very nice skin. I enjoy it a lot.

However, I have noticed one strange behavior: At least in my installation of Avalon 1.0 with Mediaportal 1.2.2, the topbar is missing. It does not appear in any screen or during fullscreen playback. In all of the other skins in my Mediaportal installation it does appear whenever the mouse pointer is moved to the upper edge of the screen, only in Avalon not. I suspect this to be a bug although I am surprised that I have not found any complaint in any of the Avalon postings I have read so far.

Any ideas?

--
    Wolfram

Users who are viewing this thread