Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
WorldWeather

Tweaked WorldWeather files:

- removed the word "condition" for the current wind
- removed dates, personally I don't need to see them and when the plugin is updated I would rather have the full name for the day
- adjusted font sizes for forecast High/Low temps + removed the "/"
- added "now playing" overlay
- fixed day 3 settings
- changed forecast weather condition to a fadelabel so that it can scroll if required (and made font smaller)

Bleazle

EDIT: Files removed, use Dragy's updated files 2 posts down.

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I made a skin file for IMDB+, I didn't see the one of stdly before I made it. I like mine more though.

Update:
added menu image
added window open/close animations
minor changes
I've updated it :)

edit:
Is it somehow possible that we can upload all these fixes and additions we make to the Avalon repo?

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I made a skin file for IMDB+, I didn't see the one of stdly before I made it. I like mine more though.

Update:
    added menu image
    added window open/close animations
    minor changes
    I've updated it :)

edit:
    Is it somehow possible that we can upload all these fixes and additions we make to the Avalon repo?

Thanks, I've just tried this version and all looks well but I see you have the same problem with showing imdb+ from the side menu

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: Avalon community Mods

I took your file for BasicHome, made the icons of the next 4 days a little smaller and fixed an issue with the 3rd day icon (was showing the 2nd day one...). See attachement.

Thanks, I hadn't noticed that the 3rd icon was wrong :oops: I have adjusted the position of the icons slightly so they are are central over the day/temp.

Maybe you could do a similar Version for classic Home? ;)
    :D

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What do you mean? Where do you see the imdb+ menu option?

Sorry, I meant the "imdb+ info" option from the hidden menu from within imdb+, it does nothing for me when I select it.
    I have the same.. You can find an error in the error log of MediaPortal. I think there is something wrong with the plugin :)
    Fortunately it's not a huge problem.

edit:
    For the people who are interested. I updated the IMDB+ and WorldWeather files. I had used the wrong animations. The content fades now instead of slides. Much better :)

sPiel

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Basic MyVideo Mod

I've made a basic mod to simplify the MyVideo plugin.

I mainly use it for my kids tv shows and they don't need any extra details or fanart etc. I've removed a lot of extra functions and removed unimportant (to the kids) info.

To make it work, you need to tell Avalon to disable 'infos at bottom of the screen' and use Thumbnails: XL in the Videos options of the Avalon Settings.

Attachments

• Icon View.jpg
      Icon View.jpg
      116.2 KB
    • List View.png
      List View.png
      880.8 KB
    • My_Videos mod.zip
      12.5 KB

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Updated Overlay Files

Made a slight change - when music or TV/Video is paused the equaliser is replaced with a "play" icon (I prefer to have "play" rather than "paused"). NOTE: I don't use radio on my HTPC and haven't made any changes to the setting for this so the equaliser might still show when radio is paused.

I took your file for BasicHome, made the icons of the next 4 days a little smaller and fixed an issue with the 3rd day icon (was showing the 2nd day one...). See attachement.

Thanks, I hadn't noticed that the 3rd icon was wrong :oops: I have adjusted the position of the icons slightly so they are are central over the day/temp.

Maybe you could do a similar Version for classic Home? ;)
    :D

works on ClassicHome for me - not for you?

Cheers

Bleazle

Attachments

• common.overlay.xml
      10.8 KB
    • common.overlay.home.xml
      9.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread