AVI Tagging (1 Viewer)

ninken

Portal Member
December 24, 2006
Any plans to Tag AVI Files like abcAVI tag editor. It's nice to have all the information embedded in the format, never have to worry about a database containing the information.

ninken

Portal Member
December 24, 2006
:D You done a very awesome job for you're first release already. You really thought it threw with the ribbon controls, frames, and ease of use. Keep up the great work!

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just tried saving to an AVI.
    it's not practical. saving this to a 450 MB Divx needed to be cancelled after 20 minutes of work.

Mitso

Portal Member
    August 26, 2006
    I have read that in such cases there can be a helper file that can be read that contains the data for the tag(like current subtitle files), and as long as it is in the same directory as the avi file a program(like MediaPortal) can be made to read that first to get all the needed tag info. Same with a picture, if it's the same name as the avi it will be picked up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Nice you could resolve the issue!
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    I have MediaPortal 2.5 Server installed on one computer and Mediaportal 2.5 client on another. The client is connected to the...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I'll move this into an own thread under "feature requests". I like the idea, but I think we can currently not implement this with further changes. I've checked the models and there are no variables, that could be easily called.
    Hi, I'll move this into an own thread under "feature requests". I like the idea, but I think we can currently not implement this...
    MP2 is great, but I‘d rely one change. I can have optional help texts, which are nice for a first time use, but then do not have...
    Replies
    Views
    How about MariaDB? Or some logs?
    How about MariaDB? Or some logs?
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.34 - Dune x86 and x64 version. Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5201] - Fix MPC-HC...
    Replies
    Views
    Many thanks for the answer. So far I've used Logitech's Harmony hub. This allows you to control all components (including the media portal). I have now contacted the Sofabaton hotline. It should also work here like with the Harmony. Unfortunately, not all of the IR codes are correct. You can also learn commands here. But that doesn't...
    Many thanks for the answer. So far I've used Logitech's Harmony hub. This allows you to control all components (including the...
    I don't have a complicated A/V system - a Sony A8H TV, Yamaha receiver, and a HTPC on which I run most media through MediaPortal. I...
    Replies
    Views
    I can't believe I missed the new feature, pixel shaders. :) Thankyou guys for all your work (y)
    I can't believe I missed the new feature, pixel shaders. :) Thankyou guys for all your work (y)
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom