BBC iPlayer will launch on 27 July (1 Viewer)

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hmmm, see no Vista support for this yet.

Will keep a eye on this, but would say for most people with PVR capabilities (as here) this is only a internet duplicate of what you can do anyway.

regards

Been on the beta program for this since the start and have been running on Vista without any probelsm.

EDIT: Just tried it again....seems since it has gone 'public' it no longer works on Vista....even less useful now!

Have to say have not used it much though, do not like that fact you cant actually save what you download...have a time limit (7days) in which to watch it and as far as I know you can only watch the stuff in the supplied player..all wrapped in DRM....

Trevor

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Well got my email 4 days after registering, running on vista here seems fine, but have read on there forum about using xp compatibility mode, which i have not tried yet (will try if stops working).

But also posts about vista stopping working after a couple of downloads.

still trying to justify using iplayer, as so many things repeated anyway, so if you missed one recording then there is always another (hero's for example).

The only possible use is BBC3\4 content if you are not in a freeview area, and no form of recording.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP2.5 has the latest OnlineVideo version. But as it was stated, that error will be possibly fixed in a future version, it will have the same problem as you face now.
    MP2.5 has the latest OnlineVideo version. But as it was stated, that error will be possibly fixed in a future version, it will have...
    The iPlayer link in Onlinevideos is only showing the last program in the series. For example 'The Traitors' only shows the final...
    Replies
    Views
    Still working on it, although a bit slowly. Only one major thing I need to add: reliably sending keypresses to the webview2 (need that for netflix's skip 15sec. etc) after that it's time for testing
    Still working on it, although a bit slowly. Only one major thing I need to add: reliably sending keypresses to the webview2 (need...
    Hi, Not sure whether this is really "off topic" or not as this is really about the abilities of MP, but couldn't think where else...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player app does not support the file type. So I installed VLC. VLC does read the ts files but the TV's remote does not allow to control basic VLC functions like FF or FR or pause etc... Tried 1-2 other apps, even...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Replies
    Views
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work. Spotify desktop app installed on same computer as you are going to use with MediaPortal Getting ready Create an app at spotify, use this link: Dashboard | Spotify for Developers, you have to login. Click...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Replies
    Views
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because the movie list is splitted into chunks of a specified size and responses for each chunk are concentrated into the result list :) private async Task<string> GenerateResponseWithGPT(string searchQuery...
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because...
    Hi, I'm planning to write a plugin for MediaPortal 2, that supports users to find the right media items with help of AI...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom