Best DVB-S CI ? (1 Viewer)

djoole

Portal Member
October 29, 2005
Hi infinityloop,

What problems did you encounter with the pay-TV channels and MP?

Is 0.2.0 or 0.3.0 supporting this card?

KRA

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Home Country
Norway Norway
I have the Twinhan dvb-s (1030) with CI (conax)

Version 0.1.3.0 of mediaportal works ok, some minor issues.
Version 0.2.0RC does not work, it has problems with timeshift/channelchange. I've tried CVS on a regular basis ever since 0.2.0RC, and never found a good working release. Allways some problem.

The latest CVS 10/11 19-17 almost works, but it has some mayor issues. Most important, sometimes channel change does not work. And sometimes there is no sound on some channels. Changing channel again and back may give sound.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    djoole said:
    What problems did you encounter with the pay-TV channels and MP?
    mp crashed when changing the (Pay-TV) channels 3 times.
    channel not decoded when switching to it. had to switch to a free-tv and then back do get it decoded.
    just a few issues.

but much work has been done since then. the CVS is using the old DVR-MS again thats why i will wait for the new TS engine and the new filter befor i test it again. that will improve many things in MyTV.

ronald2oo2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 15, 2005
    Netherlands
    djoole said:
    Last question : Are Technisat Skystar 1 CI and Twinhan DTV Sat CI the same cards? ie should SS1-CI work with MP?

I second that question: should I (noob) give up on trying to get the SkyStar 1 CI working with MP???

Cor

November 26, 2005
    Hi, I've had contact with Twinhan about this. They say the Technisat Skystar 1 CI and the TwinhanDTV Sat-CI are 100% the same (internal hardware code 1030 on both products) and they told me MP will work. I asked them to send me more details but still no answer. I like to have Digital Cable on my HTPC!

Crapz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2004
    Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-CI-S PCI Satelit-TV

Hi all im getting Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-CI-S PCI Satelit-TV
    http://www.gss.dk/index2a.cfm?Templ...598000&Gruppe=TV tunere (satellitTV)&RecPos=4

i asked Hauppauge aboute the documentation and/or sample code for the CI interface
    and here is the anser

{Dear Sir,

if you want to develop Windows Software you would need the Technotrend
    Toolkit
    http://www.technotrend.de/english/download/sdk.html
    for the TT PCI budget line. We don't have Technotrends sourcecode for CI
    programming,
    Ask them, if they are allowed to give it to you.
    For Linux try to find something on
    http://www.linuxtv.org/

Regards,
    Peter Leinwand
    Hauppauge
    }

so im trying to ask them now :D, so i hope to get something from them ;D

djoole

Portal Member
    October 29, 2005
    [ Nova = TT PCI ] != [ SS1-CI = DTVS-CI ] :(

But if SS1-CI = DTVS-CI (according to Technisat) so SS1-CI should work with MP...

But Smirnuff says SS1-CI is not supported.
    So i'm asking him : am i sure DTVS-CI will work with MP if i buy it?

Crapz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2004
    Huraa i got a mail from them ;D

{Thanks for the interest in our products.

Please use "WinZip" to extract the sdk packages.

Enjoy the software development kits!

Link ->
    Link ->

Please send me an information, if you have downloaded the packages.

Regards
    TT AG

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

TechnoTrend AG
    Hagen Feuerpfeil
    Melchior-Bauer-Straße 5
    D-99092 Erfurt
    GERMANY

mailto:
    http://www.technotrend.de

Visit our shop at:
    http://shop.technotrend.de}

so i Guess that i cards i abel to work in MP with the CI modul
    who do i need to talk to aboute getting it to work ?

i have the Sampels and code

Users who are viewing this thread