best practice when moving to new hardware (1 Viewer)

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
June 17, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
or re installing windows.

Whats the best way so when i re install mepo and MP that i can quickly get MP ifo back as was without having to rescrape and sort all my covers etc.

single seat situation.

Last edited:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    I'm lazy, just backup the whole C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal folder, or are you talking about adding another hdd which will change location of files, but even that should update location without any user intervention, once it has been added to the scanned folder section of MovingPics.

I also have a backup of the C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal, as a just in case scenario ;)

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    will this make any difference when new version of mediaportal/moving pics comes out, ie conflicts. Also this will keep watched status etc?

and thanks for input.

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Best is to update all relevant plugins to recent versions before upgrading hardware. If you do so no conflicts after copy the backup back to new installation. If you don't change version of MP it's best to use the plugin BackupSettings, which easily restores all your settings , plugins, databases,...

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    ok thanks all for the advice much appreciated, as for the backup settings plugin i was under the impression it was still not a guarented working solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Yes correct that would have solved it. I guess I was more interested in finding out what I had done to cause the problem as the error message was of no help. By deleting everything I wouldn't have known so it was a learning curve for future reference. Fully understood I thought that might be the case. I also had some issues with...
    Yes correct that would have solved it. I guess I was more interested in finding out what I had done to cause the problem as the...
    I've just updated to Win 10 on a second drive and am installing MP 1.31. Having a bit of trouble with the install with the...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    I noticed IMDb+ is working, except the popularity is not getting scraped.
    I noticed IMDb+ is working, except the popularity is not getting scraped.
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect version I ended up with.
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.32 Halloween Thanks to the great work of our new developer Pablik we are now able to present...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 1.31.0 MediaPortal 1 - 1.31 Released! DE
    If you are having problems with MPAR like MPAR 1.31 no configuration dialog? , re-download and reinstall Mediaportal 1.31 Final.
    If you are having problems with MPAR like MPAR 1.31 no configuration dialog? , re-download and reinstall Mediaportal 1.31 Final.
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.31 Phoenix Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5115] - Fix for TMDB / TI_MDB grabbers...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom