[Beta - Update 2013/08/09] MP3D - Render 3D videos via MediaPortal! (1 Viewer)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: [Beta - Update 2011/04/30] MP3D - Render 3D videos via MediaPortal!

Can anyone help me out as im having trouble with this whole 3d thing..

So I currently have a Samsung 59" Plasma 3d tv, a pair of active glasses, and an htpc. I have downloaded a few different players (nvidia 3d vision,3dtv.at Sterecopic player) and have yet to get anything to work. My remote for the new tv has a 3d button that can do 3 things (convert 2d to 3d, view 3d side by side, view 3d top and bottom).

So if i used one of the players mentioned above and loaded up a side by side video file do I also need to enable one of the settings on the remote? or should the glasses just work?

Sorry if i sound like an idiot..

There are no idiot questions, then the explaining on page 1 is not sufficient enough. :sorry: ScRePt :D

The Side by Side / Top and Bottom option on your remote is something also present on my LG passive 3D TV.
    i.e. When you play Side by Side movies as normal mkv's you can press the 3D Side by Side button on your remote and you get prefect 3D, BUT when you go back to the menu you see that MP GUI is all mixed up. This is where this 3D plugin is handy because it does this multiplexing of the image on MP side. But i'm not sure what to choose for output, i choose interlacing row mostly.
    Maybe ScRePt can do some explaing here for us?

rolls1400

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Well it seems the plugin is not working correctly on my htpc. I have another computer thats more powerful running mepo and the plugin fine.

For some reason it looks like the hooks arent working on my htpc for the 3d dll.

Is there any change you have logging that would better help solve this?
    Or possibly are there minimum requirements to run this succesfully(certain video card, need hdmi cord)?

ScRePt

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2010
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece

rolls1400

Your private message said the following:
    Scrept, I am trying to get your 3d plugin working but it seems its not working in MP.

I have installed everything and when i hit 3 (on keyboard or remote) it just seeks to 3. Or f9 it just gives me the normal context (see image below). I have the player installed and the latest 1.2.0 beta compatible plugin. I also enabled in your settings to allow 3d on startup.

Any idea what the issue could be?

imgur: the simple image sharer

Thanks!

My answer is that it seems that you are running mp in windowed mode. please try the fullscreen. also please try to disable other process plugins or closing any other programs just to make sure they do not interfere with my hooks. If you find any interfering program please post it here.

Also please confirm you are trying to play a VIDEO and not TV because it does not work (nobody has sent any logs yet)

wouter1971
    Well there is no real difference in the quality of the output between sbs or over/under or interlace. Just use for output the same as the source so that the processing is less! I personally prefer sbs though ...

What should be written in the first post? How to use the plugin with Samsung TV? I can do that but that is not the point of the thread !

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

ScRePt ok, i own an LG 55LW650S, that's a passive 3DTV. I don't need this plugin then. Because SBS/Above Under etc. movies can be played back using normals mkv playback.
    Just on the remote a have an 3D button and when i press it i can choose these SBS/Above Under etc. 3D modes.
    Or am i missing something?

ScRePt

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2010
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece

Yes, if your videos are perfectly displayed, you do not even need the 3dtv.at player.
    But if some videos require some parallax twiking, then you need it.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Yes, if your videos are perfectly displayed, you do not even need the 3dtv.at player.
    But if some videos require some parallax twiking, then you need it.

Even that is available in the menu :)
    Next stop is 3D Blu ray playback, but that's another forum :)

Fasterpast

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2009
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation

This plugin is usefull for non-3D tv owners (who wants to use anagliph) or for two-projector systems and other non-standart solutions...

webcris77

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

:D:D:D
    is in planning to release this plugin for streamedMP skin?
    thanks

minime73

August 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: [Beta - Update 2011/04/30] MP3D - Render 3D videos via MediaPortal!

rolls1400 said:
    Scrept, I am trying to get your 3d plugin working but it seems its not working in MP.

I have installed everything and when i hit 3 (on keyboard or remote) it just seeks to 3. Or f9 it just gives me the normal context (see image below). I have the player installed and the latest 1.2.0 beta compatible plugin. I also enabled in your settings to allow 3d on startup.

Any idea what the issue could be?

imgur: the simple image sharer

Thanks!

Hi there!
    I've got the same problems as rolls1400. Tried it on MP1.1.2.0 (WinXP) and stereoscopicplayer 1.7.4. Disabled and enabled each and every plugin, I've ever installed to make sure they do not interfere with your hooks. No luck at all. Just before I went totally nuts, I did a fresh installation of mediaportal 1.1.3.0 on another computer running Win7 and stereoscopicplayer 1.7.0. No plugins installed except mp3d, using standard skin. Same result.
    It's my first post in this forum, cause until now, I managed to get everything to work, but on mp3d, I am absolutely clueless.
    I don't think there is much one can do wrong, by installing this plugin, but maybe I missed something and someone can put me into the right direction.
    Thx in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom