[Beta - Update 2013/08/09] MP3D - Render 3D videos via MediaPortal! (2 Viewers)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: [Beta - Update 2011/04/30] MP3D - Render 3D videos via MediaPortal!

I think i also have the same passive LG TV as you guys. Never used this plugin for this new tv, but the interlacing mode could be usefull. Today i installed the plugin again, but i looks like the plugin is not realy giving a stable 3D picture, but lines keep waving verticaly (don't know how to describe it). So the 3D effect is not as good as doing the processing in the TV (menu problems as downside).
    But i have it under 3D ON and 3D OFF macro in my Logitech Harmony One.
    If you guys can get it to work i'd be most interested. :)

snakeman65

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2007
    Aylesbury
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

- Did you try ALL the other stretch options and none worked?
    Yep, none worked
    - Does it work when the output mode is SBS ?? (I mean the stretching to fullscreen)
    Seems to be fullscreen in every other mode
    - Did you try with an other codec ?
    I suspect that this may be the issue

:D for your help so far. I'm going to play around with graph edit and codecs and see if I can work out what is causing it. In the mean time I have installed RC1 and now I can't get the plugin to install! Upgrade failed miserably so I had to do a fresh :( Is there an RC1 version planned?

Looks like I have the same TV as you. Certainly I did not know it would accept interlaced 3d without manual switching. It is a bit of a pain having to switch back to 2d (twice?) just to read the menus. Looks like this plugin should be really useful after all. I will give it a try when the final 1.2 mepo is out. Love to know how you get on with it. As an aside, anyone thinking of a new 3d set give these or any of the other passives a look, For me, I cannot tell the difference in resolution when comparing active/passive side by side, apart from the active goggles are darker. No active specs headaches for me anymore I am pleased to say.
    Mike

Yes, same 3d system if you have an LG! This will mean that you can see the osd without getting a migraine if we can get it working! Also no messing with the 3d button and the silly mandatory 3d warning!

As for the quality of the system I couldn't agree more, its superb. No crosstalk (as long as you are level(ish) with the tv) from any angle, no flickering and glasses from the cinema at £1 a go! Bargain :) So far its only LG and Toshiba screens (Tosh use LG panels!) but i'm sure this system will take off over the active one.

The following should be in the next post but it is adamant its going to automerge them!

Not really managed to get anywhere unfortunately.

I've tried every aspect ratio mode that mp offers, none work. I've tried ffdshow with and withoug dxva, the microsoft dtv codec and LAV CUVID all with no difference (other than the render speeds!).

Graphedit crashes whenever I select row interlaced as the output on the 3dtv transformation filter and since doing that media portal now crashes as well!

I think i've run out of things to try with this now. Annoyingly the actual stereoscopic player carries on resolutely playing it in perfect 3d though the renderer is slow so framerate is abysmal. You can even see the 3d when running it in a window!

Anyone got any ideas?

ScRePt

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2010
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece

Ok, strange stuff:

- Changing values in GraphEdit should NOT in ANY CASE affect MP rendering through the plugin ....
    - Stereoscopic player plays nicely but MP or GraphEdit does not ?? Is it because Stereoscopic player uses it's own renderer ? (You can see this from Stereoscopic player properties)
    - Any output mode displays in fullscreen appart from RowInterlaced ??

Try re-installing Stereoscopic player or filter.
    Try rendering another video (maybe the sample from the first post)
    Try rendering in another screen resolution (maybe 720?)

Also, since I do not own a passive display, doesn't it support any other format than RowInterlaced ? Also the non-fullscreen problem arises when you set the TV to 3D mode???

Finally there is no RC1 planned for the moment since it's working fine for me. If we encounter your bug, i'll be more than happy to fix it ...

snakeman65

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2007
    Aylesbury
    Home Country

- Changing values in GraphEdit should NOT in ANY CASE affect MP rendering through the plugin ....
    Indeed, I suspect something has broken in the 3d Transformation filter since it crashes at the same point in graphedit and MP.
    - Stereoscopic player plays nicely but MP or GraphEdit does not ?? Is it because Stereoscopic player uses it's own renderer ? (You can see this from Stereoscopic player properties)
    This is why I suspect codec problems
    - Any output mode displays in fullscreen appart from RowInterlaced ??
    Yes, thats correct. At the moment however, RowInterlaced wont display at all (I haven't tried column interlaced) but the others seem to work fine.

Try re-installing Stereoscopic player or filter.
    Will do this afternoon! I'll see if I can find any logging from the filter as well as it might point the finger at the cause of my new crashes!
    Try rendering another video (maybe the sample from the first post)
    I've tried a few different ones but i'll work with the sample from now on since we know that works!
    Try rendering in another screen resolution (maybe 720?)

Also, since I do not own a passive display, doesn't it support any other format than RowInterlaced ? Also the non-fullscreen problem arises when you set the TV to 3D mode???

Finally there is no RC1 planned for the moment since it's working fine for me. If we encounter your bug, i'll be more than happy to fix it ...

I'll try 720p and see if that makes a difference. The TV does support virtually any 3D format via the 3D button on the remote. The way it works however is almost identical to how the 3D Transformation Filter works in that you press the 3D button, select the input format (sbs usually!) and it row interlaces it for you causing the gui to be split between your eyes in the process. If you can get the video playing from the computer in row interlaced you don't have to do any of that, you just put your glasses on!

I managed to get it to install in RC1 by adding the dependencies to your MediaPortalExtension.xml by the way.

The crashing i'm seeing at the moment is obviously nothing to do with your plugin, its the 3D transformation filter that has the issue. I'll do some reinstalling and tweaking until I can get graphedit to stop crashing with row interlaced then get back to you.

I've always been a Windows Media Centre Fan but if I can get this working i'll never leave media portal!

snakeman65

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2007
    Aylesbury
    Home Country

Right, i've got somewhere now! It seems that my crashing was caused by an iffy mkv splitter! I have managed to get a perfect graph together (video wise at least, I don't care too much about the audio graph) which plays my sbs content as row interlaced perfectly by looking at the filter info from the stereoscopic player. It appears that the problem is with the VMR Video Renderer, When it is replaced with the 3dtv.at Stereo Renderer it all works beautifully!

Is there any way to get your excelent plugin to use the stereo renderer?

Attachments

• Perfect Graph.png
      Perfect Graph.png
      52.2 KB

ScRePt

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2010
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece

Unfortunately no because I have no knowledge of c++ and renderers.
    Also I am not sure if implementing a custom renderer and injecting it under specific cases (ie when 3d mode is on only) is allowed by Media Portal itself.

Maybe, somebody else with such knowledge can contribute.

... on the other hand, the API of the filter does not state the need of a special renderer for the RowInterlaced mode to work....
    It does specify so when dealing with the NVIDIA and other special outputs. Also, RowInterlaced works for me on MP with the VMR renderer of MP !

So its something else. Can you do the following tests:
    - Download a sample of a rowinterlaced video and play it through MP without 3d mode. Does it render in fullscreen?
    - Enable the 3d mode but set Mono for both source and output formats. If the above worked, this one should also work.
    - Enable the 3d mode and set RowInterlaced for both source and output formats. Does it work now?

- Also, try with a normal PC monitor (without HDMI) and report back.
    - Also, last resort, try with the beta version of MP.

I hope we track this down.

snakeman65

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2007
    Aylesbury
    Home Country

So its something else. Can you do the following tests:
    - Download a sample of a rowinterlaced video and play it through MP without 3d mode. Does it render in fullscreen?
    I could only find a 720p row interlaced video (which I have now found out is also called field sequential). This plays back fine with full 3d in MP only if I set aspect ratio to original, any other setting stretches and ruins the interlacing!
    - Enable the 3d mode but set Mono for both source and output formats. If the above worked, this one should also work.
    Yes, same result as above.

- Enable the 3d mode and set RowInterlaced for both source and output formats. Does it work now?
    This works too

Unfortunately, the only row interleaved video I can find anywhere is a wmv format 720p so I guess this wont tell us much

My crashing problem is also back. I've been playing with codecs all day trying to nail this and something i've done has brought it back. I thought it was an mkv splitter causing the issue but it seems not to be as it also does it with an mp4 based file (the sizzle one from your original link) The event viewer shows the faulting module as C:\Program Files\Stereoscopic Player\Stf.dll. If I build a graph with EVR or VMR as the renderer it crashes when I select row interleave and play, if I have the 3dtv renderer it plays perfectly.

- Also, try with a normal PC monitor (without HDMI) and report back.
    I haven't had a chance to try this yet as its doing the crashing thing again.

- Also, last resort, try with the beta version of MP.
    This is what I was running when I first had the problem.

Once I get the crashing sorted again i'll take a screenshot of the output once row interleave is selected, assuming I don't manage to stumble over the solution myself! Unfortunately this media centre has had so many codecs added and removed i'm not sure what state its in now!

snakeman65

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2007
    Aylesbury
    Home Country

Ok, I think I finally have some useful information for you!!

Firstly all my crashing problems were caused by a dodgy version of ffdshow, replacing that has stopped crashing altogether.

I've managed to catch lots of screengrabs of what is going on which should hopefully go some way to working out what the real problem is.

The one labeled correct is a grab from graphedit with the 3dtv stereo renderer. This works on my tv beautifully. The others are from graph edit or mp with vmr or evr respectively. I have not seen the 3d effect in mp at all yet. I've stopped with the text at the bottom each time to make it clearer how the different methods differ.

With EVR mode the aspect ratio control works, however, the 3d does not work in any mode. With VMR its fullscreen but the aspect ratio does nothing no matter what it is set to.

My guess at this point is that MP (or the vmr/evr renderers) is trying to be helpful and deinterlace the output thus destroying the 3d effect. If that is the case then I guess the only way is to try and replace the renderer somehow.

You say that the Row Interlace works on your install, could you possibly get a 1080p screengrab? If I open my 'correct' screengrab full screen on my tv, it shows in 3d so I could check your screengrab to see if it also works.

Attachments

• Correct.jpg
      Correct.jpg
      149.5 KB
    • EVR.png
      EVR.png
      1,009.1 KB
    • EVR-MP.jpg
      EVR-MP.jpg
      75.6 KB
    • VMR9.jpg
      VMR9.jpg
      98.5 KB
    • VMR-MP.jpg
      VMR-MP.jpg
      136.2 KB

stefan2009

Portal Member
    June 4, 2009

Does this work with the 3d nvidea glasses and a acer 5360 3d projector

Because i cant seem to get it to work! Please help

It plays the movie side by side not in one frame Nd i have no button on my remote, its a beamer

ScRePt

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2010
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece

snakeman65
    I'm not @ home so I can't get you screengrabs for the next month. sorry. Can anybody else post a row interlaced screengrab here?
    Also, check the MP Settings if there is a "dont screw my video with your de-interlace funky business" for the renderer.

The EVR in MP seems to be getting somewhere. Try adjusting the parallax and see if this helps

stefan2009
    Try to get it working with a normal video outside of MP and then it will work with MP. Consult your glasses and projector manual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom