[Beta - Update 2013/08/09] MP3D - Render 3D videos via MediaPortal! (1 Viewer)

stefan2009

Portal Member
June 4, 2009
Re: [Beta - Update 2011/04/30] MP3D - Render 3D videos via MediaPortal!

No thats not true it works with a player nvidea stereoscopicplayer and side by side as one image But it stays side by side in mediaportal

Not as one images, i cant get it to work, please help

ScRePt

Portal Pro
August 2, 2010
Athens
Home Country
Greece Greece

stefan2009
Probably the nvidia stereoscopic player is sending some commands to your glasses or projector. The plugin does not do that.
So it will never work unless specific nvidia code is written. sorry

snakeman65

Portal Pro
January 21, 2007
Aylesbury
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom

@snakeman65
Also, check the MP Settings if there is a "dont screw my video with your de-interlace funky business" for the renderer.
I wish there was that setting but there doesn't seem to be! I think that both EVR and VMR try to be clever and deinterlace the video!
The EVR in MP seems to be getting somewhere. Try adjusting the parallax and see if this helps
No difference unfortunately.

What I have found however, when playing around in graphedit (though i'm actually using graphstudio now, so much better!) is that if I set the deinterlacing mode on the input of the stereo transformation plugin to ON suddenly the interlacing kind of works correctly, however, the image going to each eye is then not correct. I've attached a photo of the effect through the glasses of one eye using VMR 9) so you can see what I mean. In the attached the bottom half of the text at the bottom is correct and the top half has the eyes swapped! It seems to be swapping the interlacing over in blocks. EVR does a similar thing but sort of fades the eyes into one another. I've tried playing around with the other settings in the stereo transformation plugin and in the video decoder but to no effect.

I wish I was a video expert so I would know what i'm talking about!!

Attachments

• IMG_20110918_112528.jpg
    IMG_20110918_112528.jpg
    264.3 KB

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Beta - Update 2011/04/30] MP3D - Render 3D videos via MediaPortal!

I want to build a filter that can shutter any SBS (side by side) movie for 3D vision (Like the Transformation Filter in the Stereoscopic Player).

rOis89

September 24, 2011

Hey,

how can i display a SBS-Video as a 2D-Output correctly?

I tied Source Format "Side by Side, Left first" and Output Format "Monoscopic, Left first"

But the video is displayed in a worng aspect ratio. When i siwtch trough the different AR by pressing "S" (Letterbox, Super Stretch, Original, Zoom, ...) i don't get the correct aspect ratio. What do i have to change?

Thanks a lot :)

snakeman65

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2007
    Aylesbury
    Home Country

If anyone is interested i've found the following script for avisynth that will convert sbs to interlaced. Unfortunately both evr and vmr still screw the output up. I wish there was a way to disable whatever it is that they do to the output!
    Code:
    left=Crop(0,0,960,-0)
    right=Crop(960,0,960,-0)
    Interleave(left, right)
    SeparateFields()
    SelectEvery(4,0,3)
    Weave()

Scratch that, it looks like it should work but only produces weirdness!

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Beta - Update 2011/04/30] MP3D - Render 3D videos via MediaPortal!

I think that avisynth could not shutter the 3d Vision.?. When i am right, we had to create special directshow.dll (evr renderer), but i dont know how...

snakeman65

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2007
    Aylesbury
    Home Country
    Re: AW: [Beta - Update 2011/04/30] MP3D - Render 3D videos via MediaPortal!

I think that avisynth could not shutter the 3d Vision.?. When i am right, we had to create special directshow.dll (evr renderer), but i dont know how...

The avisynth method was for field sequential (row interlaced) tvs only. I can't help with 3D Vision i'm afraid as I don't have the kit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom