[Beta - Update 2013/08/09] MP3D - Render 3D videos via MediaPortal! (1 Viewer)

PeppeBytes

Portal Member
April 22, 2008
Rome
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi to all,
i have installed a new version o MP 1.4, but the MP3D plugin is incompatible, have someone an compatible version?
see attached image for details.
thanks a lot.

Attachments

• mp3d_incompatible_MP1.4.png
    mp3d_incompatible_MP1.4.png
    72.4 KB
Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Any news on when we can expect a version compatible with Mp 1.4???

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    @Holzi . The target of this plugin is something different to the one you've linked. This plugin allows MP to generate 3D Output via Stereoscopic Player filters so one can use 3D on TV which don't have native 3D function. E.G. with anaglyphic red-blue glasses or with NVidia 3DVision...
    So for this it would be good if someone can recompile it against MP 1.4 (or 1.5) to avoid this damned compatibility check...

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah, okay. As for MP 1.5.0 there is no need to bump compatibility numbers. ;)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As the source is available (see first post) everyone with a bit coding knowledge can do this. It hasn't to be the original author if he's not around here any more..

ScRePt

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2010
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Ok, today is the first day of my summer vacations so I took some time to rebuild the plugin. The first page is updated.
    (The reason of the delay was that I knew I needed quite some time to install and build MP and debug around the undocumented compatibility-check thing. It took ~ 5 hours today. I did not have so much free time to invest in the past months, sorry)

So, what's new with this release? Nothing. The plugin uses a 3rd party filter from a vendor that refuses to cooperate, so there is no point in improving it until a workaround is found.

Enjoy!

(PS: can anyone help me understanding why the new release is not shown in the extensions installer? What did I do wrong?)

Charline

Portal Member
    September 1, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    excuse my ignorance but i presume i need the player installed v1.8.1 now my next question i presume it wont work with a licensed version of the player ? v2.0.8

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi ScRePt

I have installed the new MP3D and 3DTV 1.8.1 but can't get it to work. Similar problem to other posts on this thread namely:-
    With an SBS vid. playing I press 3 and enable 3D, press 3 again, info window appears in top left, says source is Monoscopic. Pressing left and right arrows does nothing, F9 brings up the 3D menu but anything selected here is not reflected in the info window pressing 0 advances to Output but again left and right arrows do nothing and changes on the F9 menu are not actioned. I am trying to get the output format to anaglyph. I found a 1.7.2 3DTV on the internet but same with that. In fact the behaviour I have described above is the same if no 3DTV is installed so it appears to me that there is no communication to the program, how can I check the filter is active?. I have tried the same SBS vid with 3DTV stand alone and it converts it to anaglyph just fine.
    MP 1.4, OS is Win 7 x64, vid card is ATI 5450. Please help I would really like to have this plugin working in MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom