Big utilization (I/O operations) with local hard disk when I look my pictures in MP 1.2.3. (1 Viewer)

karajan

Portal Pro
October 28, 2010
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
How can I reduce I/O operations with hard disk, when i look my pictures? I think that the problem is cache, but I cant find them.

Thanks.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

You need to provide more info here.

Can you provide the config info, provides version info + OS & system specs please.

If the pictures are 'new' to MP and you have thumbnail generation on, that could cause a lot of IO traffic as thumbnails are generated?

Cheers - J.

karajan

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    I have xp home SP3, because this OS to only support DXVA with Nvidia GPU.
    How can I disable thumbnail generation for pictures?

Thanks, Mihael

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

If I understand correctly, your device is combination of DVB-C tuner, router and some web access to play the channels in PC web browser. You can sniff http comunication with the help of Wireshark or Fiddler to determine channel url which can be used to create IPTV channel in TV server. If the url is not static(changes dynamically)...
    If I understand correctly, your device is combination of DVB-C tuner, router and some web access to play the channels in PC web...
    So, I appear to have done a successful install of Media Portal (MP2 vers. 2.5) on my Windows 10 machine but I can't get it to get...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4 Some ideas and questions? DE
    Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes, there will be many things. Main reason is simply, that MP2 is not developed based on MP1. I for example never used MP1. I tried it lately to test voice control and was shocked about many inconsistancies in...
    Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes...
    It´s been a while... :) Well, simply the reason is cause MP1 was working so well... :) Now I decided to upgrade my old servers and...
    Replies
    Views
    Of course the movie import works correctly in MP2, if files are tagged with tMM. If you have issues please describe step by step what you did or attach log files, otherwise we can not find out the issue on your side.
    Of course the movie import works correctly in MP2, if files are tagged with tMM. If you have issues please describe step by step...
    I tried migrating from MP1 to MP2 for the second time today. I've found that the movie importer doesn't seem to pick up on a number...
    Replies
    Views
    "Sometimes" when I am playing a playlist with the TV on I notice that the screen becomes frozen. The on screen playlist doesn't show the songs advancing through the list. i.e. the currently playing song doesn't match the name of the on screen song. MP still plays the playlist ok but the screen just stops showing the correct song...
    "Sometimes" when I am playing a playlist with the TV on I notice that the screen becomes frozen. The on screen playlist doesn't...
    "Sometimes" when I am playing a playlist with the TV on I notice that the screen becomes frozen. The on screen playlist doesn't...
    Replies
    Views
    i don't know if @Owlsroost can look this or @framug
    i don't know if @Owlsroost can look this or @framug
    Hi, I've been using MP TV-Server for ages in and old windows 7 32-bit PC, and different dvb-x cards (t, s). Some months ago I...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom