Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
hi, what resolution is this awesome skin?

is there a change to see it in full-hd resolution? (1920x1080)
thanks

Hi staticx

the skin is 1280x720. Full HD version isn't on the horizon (mainly because my graphics card only produces a 720P image) but if I ever change my GPU/HTPC I'll have to do an HD version, just don't hold your breath :D

An updated version (for MP 1.0.1) will be ready in a few days. I'll post here when it's available for downloading.

Bleazle

montecristo

Portal Pro
May 29, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
is there a way i can somehow change the background in "my weather"?
i don't wanna change the background in the whole skin but only at my weather.

montecristo

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    An updated version (for MP 1.0.1) will be ready in a few days. I'll post here when it's available for downloading

Thanx man! :D I can´t wait for that! I´ve tested 1.0.1 for 1-2 hours and was impressed of the TV-Server performance so I am planing to update to it permanently but my favourite skin (yours) was not available :) so went back to 1.0.0.0

Lot of people say that 1080 px skin is not surely a good decision because of performance problems. You need a beefy hardware to run it smooth but this is not the idea of HTPC I guess. And the fonts of a 720px skin on 1080 TV would be still crisp because they are vector generated, only the images will be scaled (= little unsharpness). So I don´t know if you should invest too much time into v.1080. Not even Blue3Wide has a v.1080

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    is there a way i can somehow change the background in "my weather"?
    i don't wanna change the background in the whole skin but only at my weather.

You sure can - just put the image you want to use into the BleazleWide/Media directory, then open the myweather.xml file (notepad will do) and put the name of the image you want to use where it says "Background.png" below:

<control>
    <description>BG</description>
    <type>image</type>
    <id>1</id>
    <texture>Background.png</texture>
    <width>1280</width>
    <height>720</height>
    </control>

Easy! :D

...I´ve tested 1.0.1 for 1-2 hours and was impressed of the TV-Server performance so I am planing to update to it permanently but my favourite skin (yours) was not available :) so went back to 1.0.0.0...

Man I would've just used B3W :eek: for a bit if I were you! :D The current version of BleazleWide will run in MP1.0.1 I think the only issues are with recorded TV (as noted on the previous page) and if you use TVSeries you need to use the B3W skins in the new version.

Thanks for your notes on the HD skin thing. Yeah I don't think I'll be heading down that road any time soon - even doing "minor" tweaks to the skin as it is takes hours because I try about 10 different things before I come up with what I like :mad: so I don't really want to start all over again...

Bleazle

EDIT: Just read this on the MP Home page"Rescheduled 1.0.2 release to address critical issues of 1.0.1 " - damn! it's just about impossible to keep up with these releases - what happened to MP 1.0.0 FINAL? :rolleyes:

montecristo

Portal Pro
    May 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    bleazle,

i just found that out myself.
    but thanks anyway for the reply.

by the way,
    it would be a very nice feature if the background changes automatically according to the weather.
    like when it is a sunshine day, a nice sunny background
    snowing, a snowy background
    etc..

but i guess thats practically imposibble to do.

montecristo

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...by the way,
    it would be a very nice feature if the background changes automatically according to the weather.
    like when it is a sunshine day, a nice sunny background
    snowing, a snowy background....

:D:D:D:D I just look out the window :D:D:D:D

I guess for skins that use multiple backgrounds it would be a nice touch - it would have to be a plugin driven thing though.

Glad you got your background sorted - nothing like tweaking things to suit your own preferences! (that's how I got into this in the first place...)

Cheers

Bleazle

staticx

Portal Pro
    March 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Lot of people say that 1080 px skin is not surely a good decision because of performance problems. You need a beefy hardware to run it smooth but this is not the idea of HTPC I guess. And the fonts of a 720px skin on 1080 TV would be still crisp because they are vector generated, only the images will be scaled (= little unsharpness). So I don´t know if you should invest too much time into v.1080. Not even Blue3Wide has a v.1080

i disagree, you can try Spinsafe 1080, is the fastest skin of all. and it's native 1920x1080, and also looks awesome.

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    EDIT: Just read this on the MP Home page"Rescheduled 1.0.2 release to address critical issues of 1.0.1 " - damn! it's just about impossible to keep up with these releases - what happened to MP 1.0.0 FINAL? :rolleyes:

as I´ve read they want to patch some problems (I did not had) and maybe won´t do changes to the GUI part. So please go on with v.1.0.1!

i disagree, you can try Spinsafe 1080, is the fastest skin of all. and it's native 1920x1080, and also looks awesome.

Thganx for your feedback, I did not try myself. I have only 720p TV :( (I could still test though).

montecristo

Portal Pro
    May 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    i've got another question about the "my weather" section

i would like to enlarge the icons that show the weather forecast for the next 5 days and also the current weather.
    and if possible even replace them with animated icons. like moving raindrops etc.

however to do that. i need to now where i can find those icons so i can enlarge/replace them.
    i don't see any filename or size settings in the myweather.xml

can somebody help me with that?

montecristo

edit:
    nevermind about the icons. i found them in the folder "weather".
    if i enlarge those images in the folder 68x68 will they show bigger in "my weather" as well?
    or do i have to change some size settings in some XML file?

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...do i have to change some size settings in some XML file?

Yes you do - it's the sizing in the XML file that sets the size of the image. Have you got (or are you going to make) some animated images? I understand that animated GIF files can be used in MP but that the quality isn't too hot. In the next version of BleazleWide the hover images and selection bar in the Home screens are animated but to do that I had to create 24 images for each animated images and then call them with an XML file - took some time but I like the effect :)

I like the idea of animating the weather images - let us know how you get on with that...

Cheers

Bleazle

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom