Status
Not open for further replies.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
Here you go Dave, dont know if youre still awake/sober :D, but ive attached the radio fade png files. Let me know if theyre ok, and if they are ill get cracking on some other hovers...

Attachments

• Radio Hover Fade.zip
    30.6 KB

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Here you go Dave, dont know if youre still awake/sober :D, but ive attached the radio fade png files. Let me know if theyre ok, and if they are ill get cracking on some other hovers...

Still awake - not so sober - been working on my motocross bike and I've found that beer helps when doing that :D I'll have a quick look then edit this post soon...

EDIT: They're perfect! Great job! :) OK, I'm off to bed - looking forward to seeing a zip file full of images tomorrow :)

Cheers

Dave

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
nice one. right heres the hover fades for MyFilms, TVseries and DVD. Hope they work, let me know if you want any more ;)

Attachments

• MyFilms Hover Fade.zip
    30.7 KB
  • MyTV Series Hover Fade.zip
    30.7 KB
  • DVD Hover Fade.zip
    30.6 KB

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
You're on to it now, they're all good. Unfortunately I've changed the DVD hover graphic because the disk was a bit boring and didn't really go with the other graphics - the image below is the graphic that will be in the next release...

Feel free to "fade" as many of the hover images as you want to - I'll bundle them and make them available as a separate download...

Dave

bleazle-albums-jan-26th-release-v6-picture341-hover-play-dvd.png

EDIT: Don't worry about doing any of the other images - I've saved the process as an action in Photoshop and can create all 24 images with a couple of mouse clicks now :) - takes less than 10 seconds to run :) :)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
Sweet, glad they worked out ok. I was looking for ways to run the fades automatically as well, but looks like you beat me to it. At least ive saved you the effort of a whole 6 more mouse clicks. :D

The new DVD hover looks wicked, i always thought the old one looked a bit dated, so thats a nice touch.

keep up the good work ;)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
...At least ive saved you the effort of a whole 6 more mouse clicks. :D

The new DVD hover looks wicked, i always thought the old one looked a bit dated, so thats a nice touch.

Actually you saved me more than 6 mouse clicks - I've been a bit lazy by not using Photoshop actions more often so this prompted me to get back into using them which will save me a heap of time with other things :)

Yeah the new DVD hover image looks good - it's a royalty free graphic too which is even better! :) It'd take me forever to try to create something like that from scratch :(

Skin Update:

When I first started work on this thing coming up with changes to improve the look was easy, it just a matter of "I don't like that font size or colour, so I'll change it!" Now that the skin has come so far (compared to the first release) it's getting harder to fine tune because the things I want to change take a lot more thought :rolleyes:

Once the hover images were sorted (thanks to the fading effect) the next thing on my list was the selection bar in the Home & Plugins screens. It's bugged me from the start because it the way it just sits there didn't tie in with the look I was after. I tried having it disappear/reappear when scrolling through the menu (similar to Blue3Wide etc) but it was clunky so then I tried changing the colour/look/just having a glass effect etc etc but I nothing gave me the look I was after. I've looked at the other skins I like (in particular XFace & Monochrome) but they didn't have what I was looking for either :( Unfortunately I wasn't exactly sure what I was looking for which made things a bit harder!:D

So after another day of doing no work I think I've pretty much cracked it :D Following is a link to a short clip that shows where I've gone with this. As well as having the Hover images fading the selected item bar now fades into view. I've also faded out the items which aren't in focus a bit more and when the focus is moved away from the menu (i.e. to the buttons at the top of the screen) the menu zooms out a bit to emphasise this - the effect isn't needed, but I like it :D

Things might change a bit before the next release (it still has to pass the family test yet :D ) but when I switch between my Home screen and the Plugins screen (which I haven't changed yet) the Plugins screen looks and feels "clunky" - the new Home screen "feels" much better.

Here's the link: YouTube - BleazleWide

Re: Hotting up the skin

I PM'd Spragleknas to see where things were up to and he is following up on it - just figured you guys would want to know since the decision to make the change was driven by the people that download the skin and post on this thread :)

That's it for now.

Bleazle

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Bleazle is now a "hot skin" and has gotten its own sub forum.
    This thread has now been moved.

I'll be moving other threads which are relevant when I find time :).

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So after another day of doing no work I think I've pretty much cracked it :D Following is a link to a short clip that shows where I've gone with this. As well as having the Hover images fading the selected item bar now fades into view. I've also faded out the items which aren't in focus a bit more and when the focus is moved away from the menu (i.e. to the buttons at the top of the screen) the menu zooms out a bit to emphasise this - the effect isn't needed, but I like it :D

Things might change a bit before the next release (it still has to pass the family test yet :D ) but when I switch between my Home screen and the Plugins screen (which I haven't changed yet) the Plugins screen looks and feels "clunky" - the new Home screen "feels" much better.

Here's the link: YouTube - BleazleWide

Bleazle

Looks great!:D:D

Bleazle is now a "hot skin" and has gotten its own sub forum.
    This thread has now been moved.

I'll be moving other threads which are relevant when I find time :).

Congrats, Bleazle on becoming a Hot Skin. We all knew it was at the "beginning'!!;):D

regards

Neville

petrovice

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 8, 2009
    Bamberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Congratulations Bleazle and a big thank you for your effort :D
    Your Skin is now for 4 months my default skin and I love it!

Peter

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom