BleazleWide V7.1.0 | Page 17

Discussion in 'Bleazle' started by Bleazle, April 30, 2009.

1. Neville

Neville Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    r.slideshow button in music playlist menu

In the "digital photo age it is great to throw up a slideshow on the telly when listening to MP for music.
    At the moment I create a playlist and then navigate to my pictures and click on r.slideshow to show stuff while playing.

I have a simple request (that may not be so simple!) from my "media center" days - does anyone know how to put an extra button on the music playlist menu that would start up a random slide-show i.e. the equivalent of clicking "my pictures" on the home menu and then "menu> R.slideshow" This would then allow me to start a slide show from the "music menu"

I would propose if anyone else found this useful to consider putting it in the skin?

Would this be difficult- anyone know how?! I have not a clue but am willing to try and learn!!!
    thanks in advance
    Neville

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bleazle
    • Premium Supporter

Bleazle Well-Known Member

Retired Skinner :-)
    Ratings:
    +256 / 1
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    Just took a quick look at the forum while the wife was out of the room making coffee and saw your post (we're halfway through watching some rubbish movie :rolleyes: )

I like yor idea but I don't think it can be done. Just as you can't play videos when you're in the My Pics plugin (and vice versa) , you can't just add a "Slideshow" button in the Music plugin and expect MP to know that you want it to show Pics :(

There might be an advanced way of achieving this so you might be better off posting the question as a new thread in the "Plugins" area of the forum. Let us know if you have any luck.

Coffee is here - signing out.

4. Neville

Neville Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I feel your pain! Hope the movie picked up!
    I have posted as suggested. Thanks for the advice

5. MisterMander

MisterMander Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Track Change Popup - Start and End

Speaking of Media Center features - does anyone know of a way (perhaps by editing DialogNotify.xml) that the track change popup (when playing music with a pictures slideshow running) could be displayed towards the end of a track as well as at the beginning?

Sometimes when the entire music collection is on shuffle it'd be nice to see the track name at the end to remind me what on earth I just sat through.

Thanks in advance! PS without meaning to toady this is the absolute best skin.

6. Bleazle
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +256 / 1
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    Good idea but I think you'll find that this would have to be implemented in the plugin itself, and not via a skin file :( You could put a post in the Plugins section and see if anyone else can see another way to do this though..

:D:D

7. Bleazle
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +256 / 1
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    Thanks to an offer I've had from a fellow MP user I'm now working on a new version of BleazleWide -> BleazleTouch. As the name (hopefully!) suggests the skin is being designed specifically for use with touchscreens.

I'll keep you up to date with progress....

[​IMG]

8. tobcro

tobcro Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Nice!!

Hi all :)

I have been reading through most of this forum, really likes the skin (and the community around it) and plan to use it from now on. Going to start the reinstall of my HTPC tonight (adding a new hard drive, might as well refresh) and will for sure be contributing to this community... have already learned how to make most things work the way I want :D

Kind regards
    Tobias

9. stdly
    • Premium Supporter

stdly MP Donator

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    I had some free time on the long weekend so I made a aeon basichome screen. I first tried to find out how to make a horizontal menu for the myhome screen as it would auto update it's self, but could not find anything.
    I never used the basic home screen before, it is a bit hard to edit but then again so is this one. :oops:
    I used the aeon editor to make a few different menus in the aeon folder and then I just copied and pasted the parts I used in the my Bleazle version. Not really that difficult after figuring out the code somewhat in aeon.
    This basichome screen does not like a mouse but I use a remote control almost exclusively.
    Here is a screenshot.

Steve

10. eriksdam

eriksdam Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    The My Daily Comics plugin now supports Bleazle wide 7.1. Does anyone have an idea for a .png for the start menu, or can tell me how to make one??

Oh, and Bleazle: :D for THE MP skin!

11. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

kiwijunglist Super Moderator

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,846 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    @Neville

with regards to my music slideshow

you can install a visualization that displays random pics from a set directory(s), then enable that visualization in my music setup.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!