BleazleWide V7.1.0 (2 Viewers)

Neville

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
r.slideshow button in music playlist menu

In the "digital photo age it is great to throw up a slideshow on the telly when listening to MP for music.
At the moment I create a playlist and then navigate to my pictures and click on r.slideshow to show stuff while playing.

I have a simple request (that may not be so simple!) from my "media center" days - does anyone know how to put an extra button on the music playlist menu that would start up a random slide-show i.e. the equivalent of clicking "my pictures" on the home menu and then "menu> R.slideshow" This would then allow me to start a slide show from the "music menu"

I would propose if anyone else found this useful to consider putting it in the skin?

Would this be difficult- anyone know how?! I have not a clue but am willing to try and learn!!!
thanks in advance
Neville

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
In the "digital photo age it is great to throw up a slideshow on the telly when listening to MP for music.
At the moment I create a playlist and then navigate to my pictures and click on r.slideshow to show stuff while playing.

I have a simple request (that may not be so simple!) from my "media center" days - does anyone know how to put an extra button on the music playlist menu that would start up a random slide-show i.e. the equivalent of clicking "my pictures" on the home menu and then "menu> R.slideshow" This would then allow me to start a slide show from the "music menu"

I would propose if anyone else found this useful to consider putting it in the skin?

Would this be difficult- anyone know how?! I have not a clue but am willing to try and learn!!!
thanks in advance
Neville

Just took a quick look at the forum while the wife was out of the room making coffee and saw your post (we're halfway through watching some rubbish movie :rolleyes: )

I like yor idea but I don't think it can be done. Just as you can't play videos when you're in the My Pics plugin (and vice versa) , you can't just add a "Slideshow" button in the Music plugin and expect MP to know that you want it to show Pics :(

There might be an advanced way of achieving this so you might be better off posting the question as a new thread in the "Plugins" area of the forum. Let us know if you have any luck.

Coffee is here - signing out.

Neville

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Just took a quick look at the forum while the wife was out of the room making coffee and saw your post (we're halfway through watching some rubbish movie :rolleyes: )

I like yor idea but I don't think it can be done. Just as you can't play videos when you're in the My Pics plugin (and vice versa) , you can't just add a "Slideshow" button in the Music plugin and expect MP to know that you want it to show Pics :(

There might be an advanced way of achieving this so you might be better off posting the question as a new thread in the "Plugins" area of the forum. Let us know if you have any luck.

Coffee is here - signing out.
I feel your pain! Hope the movie picked up!
I have posted as suggested. Thanks for the advice

MisterMander

Portal Member
September 1, 2009
Track Change Popup - Start and End

Speaking of Media Center features - does anyone know of a way (perhaps by editing DialogNotify.xml) that the track change popup (when playing music with a pictures slideshow running) could be displayed towards the end of a track as well as at the beginning?

Sometimes when the entire music collection is on shuffle it'd be nice to see the track name at the end to remind me what on earth I just sat through.

Thanks in advance! PS without meaning to toady this is the absolute best skin.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Speaking of Media Center features - does anyone know of a way (perhaps by editing DialogNotify.xml) that the track change popup (when playing music with a pictures slideshow running) could be displayed towards the end of a track as well as at the beginning?

Sometimes when the entire music collection is on shuffle it'd be nice to see the track name at the end to remind me what on earth I just sat through..

Good idea but I think you'll find that this would have to be implemented in the plugin itself, and not via a skin file :( You could put a post in the Plugins section and see if anyone else can see another way to do this though..

...PS without meaning to toady this is the absolute best skin.

:D:D

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Thanks to an offer I've had from a fellow MP user I'm now working on a new version of BleazleWide -> BleazleTouch. As the name (hopefully!) suggests the skin is being designed specifically for use with touchscreens.

I'll keep you up to date with progress....

bleazle-albums-temporary-picture467-preview.png

tobcro

Portal Member
September 4, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Nice!!

Hi all :)

I have been reading through most of this forum, really likes the skin (and the community around it) and plan to use it from now on. Going to start the reinstall of my HTPC tonight (adding a new hard drive, might as well refresh) and will for sure be contributing to this community... have already learned how to make most things work the way I want :D

Kind regards
Tobias

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I had some free time on the long weekend so I made a aeon basichome screen. I first tried to find out how to make a horizontal menu for the myhome screen as it would auto update it's self, but could not find anything.
    I never used the basic home screen before, it is a bit hard to edit but then again so is this one. :oops:
    I used the aeon editor to make a few different menus in the aeon folder and then I just copied and pasted the parts I used in the my Bleazle version. Not really that difficult after figuring out the code somewhat in aeon.
    This basichome screen does not like a mouse but I use a remote control almost exclusively.
    Here is a screenshot.

Steve

eriksdam

Portal Member
    June 2, 2009
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The My Daily Comics plugin now supports Bleazle wide 7.1. Does anyone have an idea for a .png for the start menu, or can tell me how to make one??

Oh, and Bleazle: :D for THE MP skin!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Neville

with regards to my music slideshow

you can install a visualization that displays random pics from a set directory(s), then enable that visualization in my music setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom