BleazleWide V8.1.1.0 for MP 1.1.x (1 Viewer)

Hetfield

Portal Pro
March 3, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Thanks, I'll try it.

Also Fidelity is not bad, just how to get it black.

But there is no winner for BleazleWide!

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Hi!
I'm so sad that this skin isn't updated anymore. I know it is lot to ask from somebody to spend his/her free time doing free work for others, but would be so nice to see this skin 1.2.x compatible.
Any chances for this? Or perhaps somebody who would take over the development of the skin? Just look at the comments, it would be certainly in Top 3 skins!
:D

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Yep, sorry but that's right, I'm too short of spare time these days but luckily there are some great skins around now, several of which I think are far better than BleazleWide ever was! The other thing is that most of the new skins have menu editors and even if I had time to update the skin I wouldn't know where to begin with that :rolleyes: That's progress I guess - I'm not complaining though, I love skins with menu editors!! :D

It would be good to see what could be done with this skin if someone does decide to bring it up to date (probably a name change for starters! I didn't put any imagination into the name because I didn't really expect anyone to use the skin :D ). BleazleWide started when I decided to bring a dead skin (Foofaraw) back to life, albiet in a different form so who knows what could happen...

Cheers

Bleazle

Hetfield

Portal Pro
March 3, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Still haven't found a good new skin. The colours and graphics in this skin were the best, and there were no stamp sized too small lists to scroll thousands of songs, as in some skins that are available. Really hope someone would some day make this skin or similar to work, at least for MP2 if not for MP1 :)

xvffx

Portal Pro
August 15, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
steal his bike and he might just get a wee bit bored and port the skin...

or just steal the bike and hold for ransom (this might be quicker)

:)

no matter +1

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
Still haven't found a good new skin. The colours and graphics in this skin were the best, and there were no stamp sized too small lists to scroll thousands of songs, as in some skins that are available. Really hope someone would some day make this skin or similar to work, at least for MP2 if not for MP1 :)

Why dont you try it yourself? Its not as difficult as you think.

xvffx

Portal Pro
August 15, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi Skinners and you too Bleazel
question with how much coding would be involved to port into 1.10? is this something we can bring from the dead or is this long gone?
Many of us may not be looking for any changes to this skin as it is great as is (I may get my wife help with the graphics section)… I miss the animated home screen and the colour.

if we took a current 1.10 skin and just changed the home screen and colour theme…. would be better than nothing ?

Vff

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Wow, I thought this thread was long dead! :D

I haven't looked at what needs changing to bring the skin up to date, mainly because apart from not having the time to do it I think the look of BleazleWide is well out of date now - there are much better skins around. I'm currently using a customised version of Titan Extended (modified default background, removed the garish (imho) overlays and changed a few other things). It doesn't take much to tweak an existing skin so unless you're looking for something totally different to the skins that are being actively developed I would go that way if I were you. One thing to remember though, I recommend keeping your customised files in a separate folder so that if you update the skin at a later date you can add them again. I've made so many tweaks that I ended up making an MPE1 file which installs everything at the click of a button :)

If you want to incorporate some of the things you liked about BleazleWide take a look at the code and play around with adding it to an existing skin. You will need to change a few things but you'll be surprised how straightforward it is once you get into it even if you've never played with XML (I hadn't when I first gave skinning a go).

Good luck! (y)

xvffx

Portal Pro
August 15, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Thanks
I keep saying I have to look at the codes and try it. You are right that I have to try but looks daunting if you don't know where to begin.
.....which skin would be good to try it with ?
I promise not to wake you again ;)

Thank
Vff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom