BleazleWide V8.1.1.0 for MP 1.1.x (1 Viewer)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
The end of BleazleWide

Hi All

Just thought I would let you know that BleazleWide will not be updated to be compatible with MP 1.2. Unfortunately I don't have enough spare time to do a good enough job of it. Luckily there are some great looking skins in the pipeline so I'm sure (at least) one of them will give me what I'm looking for in a skin. Right now I'm looking forward to checking these skins out:

Backdrop by cul8er

Avalon HD by the Maya Team

Mustayaluca by Psycho Reptile

All of these guys do great work and the above skins are looking awesome, especially the way they make use of the new skinning features available in MP 1.2!

:D Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post comments and suggestions since I first released BleazleWide, without your input the skin wouldn't have evolved like it has. I didn't know what I was doing when I started out (maybe if I did I wouldn't have started! :D) so the learning curve was pretty steep (especially at first! :mad:) but it was a buzz seeing the skin take shape.

Bleazle

quake2rambo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: BleazleWide V8.1.1.0

Hi.
    Unfortunatly this skin becomes now a one-way street.
    Sad but true
    Thanks for your great work up to now.

Cressari

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2008
    Konstanz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: BleazleWide V8.1.1.0 for MP 1.1.x

Thank you, Bleazle, for all u gave us! Good luck for all times :))))))))))

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well , a sad day has finally happened when I upgraded to 1.2 (yay no problems and worked well etc) and had to dump by far the best skin. Sorry but the others do not come close to your skin! Thanks for all the work and hopefully someone can pick it up.....
    :(
    :D
    Neville

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the comments :D

I've been using the Backdrop skin since MP 1.2b was released and now that I've Bleazlefied it here and there I really like it, plus cul8r is excellent at putting out regular updates.

I'm off to get Admin to move the BleazleWide thread/skin to the graveyard...

Dave

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for the comments :D

I've been using the Backdrop skin since MP 1.2b was released and now that I've Bleazlefied it here and there I really like it, plus cul8r is excellent at putting out regular updates.

I'm off to get Admin to move the BleazleWide thread/skin to the graveyard...

Dave

Hi Dave you da man.
    Missed your retirement party thanks again for Bleazle a great skin for many years! :D
    I did start editing Bleazle for MP1.2 but the changes got to much I now use AValon. :D
    Steve

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Missed your retirement party thanks again for Bleazle a great skin for many years! :D

Thanks Steve - I missed the party too!! :D :D My wide is much happier now that I don't spend every evening in front of the computer tweaking things because "the position of that graphic isn't quite right" etc etc :D

I did start editing Bleazle for MP1.2 but the changes got to much I now use AValon. :D

I know you were into tweaking the skin to suit your needs (and I liked the way you took it btw) but as you obviously found out a lot of changes had to made to make it compatible with MP 1.2. If you (or anyone else) really wants to make a current version of BleazleWide (or similar) the easiest way would be to start with the new default wide skin and make the changes from there because BleazleWide is really (more or less) just a tweaked version of the the default skin (kind of... it's a bit more involved than that but you would get near enough)

I like a lot of things about Avalon but overall Backdrop is more what I was looking for. I have copied some of the things I like about Avalon - mainly the Fonts used and the TV Guide plus I've made a few screens which suit the way I use MP a bit better than Backdrop does by default (nothing against Backdrop, just my preferences are a bit different to cul8er's). The great thing is that now whenever cul8er updates the skin I can just drop my custom files into place and I have everything looking the way I want it to :) Probably similar to what you used to do with BleazleWide :) You've got to love that about MediaPortal!!

Dave

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Dave, sorry to see Bleazle getting binned, i enjoyed watching it evolve from all the way back when it was foofaraw. Im using Avalon now, though i did give Backdrop a try last night based on your recommendation. Very nice skin but i think i still prefer Avalon because its just a bit less cluttered.

Anyway, hope things are going well for you, hopefully someone will take up the bleazle reins!

Hetfield

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I am one of those who haven't yet found a good skin after BleazleWide was gone. This was the only skin I ever liked, XBMC also looks decent. Perfect graphics, and of course black color is nice, at least I like it.

I think it was a mistake to make those improvements in 1.2 that made the best skin incompatible. All the current skins with all the improvements are not this good. And there are not so many skins now that are supported by 1.2.

I hope someone who is eager to make a good skin, and use time, would make support for this skin, either from scratch or then editing it. Or if there would be support for MP2.

Is there any other this good skin?

:D:sorry::oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom