BleazleWide V8.1.1.0 for MP 1.1.x (2 Viewers)

quake2rambo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: BleazleWide V8.1.1.0

Hi,
    I don't believe that the next stable release comes before christmas, so it is a good idea to try to improve that what we have now.
    cheers and good night ...

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: BleazleWide V8.1.1.0

Thanks for posting that - I saw this on the MP Roadmap yesterday "We have a memeory leak in MediaPortal 1.1.1. Seems to be happening inside the TextureManager" so I'm pretty happy I haven't had a chance to try it yet :) Will be fixed for MP 1.1.2 so I guess I should try to get a new release out soon after that since MP 1.2 is still a fair way off.

I installed MP 1.2 Alpha yesterday, mainly to check out the new "coverflow" view. Unfortunately it didn't blow me away - it's hard to explain what was going on but basically the covers didn't flow too well (overlaying of images incorrectly before being shown properly) but to be fair I was running it on my wifes laptop and maybe it hasn't got the grunt required to perform the task (I thought it would have though..)

@ xvffx - Re enhancing graphics: I'm not too sure how well I'd do at that - I would have to create new graphics and unfortunately I'm no graphic design artist (the current graphics that are used are from the old Foofaraw skin which is the inspiration behind the whole of BleazleWide). I'll have a play around with it when I get a chance and see how I go... Unless anyone out there wants to jump in and have a go? :)

thanks..

I've seen the coverflow too (but on a highend workstation) and it too didn't blow me away.. each card was jumped to the next and didnt look smooth like it did on youtube... :confused: was going to ask how you would incorperate to your skin.

about the graphics.. hate to say this but my wife is a graphic artist (we tend to disagree alot on taste) and I'm sure will hate it more if she added flowers and SHE WILL !!

what format and what size and maybe I get her to do something for us to poll on. Does this graphic need to be multi files for the fading part? or 1 file 1 size does it all?

I don't want to change much.. just more enhanced or something.

Vff

quake2rambo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Morning ...
    I mean the upcoming skin as x-factor, PureVison ore StreamedMP looks very pretty the first time, but theres too much colored stuff to play with. Maya is also on this way - a bad readable Home-Menu is the result. BleazleWide is structured clear and without annoying submenus. I like it ...

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: BleazleWide V8.1.1.0

....I've seen the coverflow too (but on a highend workstation) and it too didn't blow me away.. each card was jumped to the next and didnt look smooth like it did on youtube... :confused: was going to ask how you would incorperate to your skin...

If it get's to a point where it's worth incorporating it'll just be another view to choose from (just like the list, icons, big icons & filmstrip views)

...what format and what size and maybe I get her to do something for us to poll on. Does this graphic need to be multi files for the fading part? or 1 file 1 size does it all?..

I just need a PNG image - look forward to seeing the flowers :D

...the upcoming skin as x-factor, PureVison ore StreamedMP looks very pretty the first time, but theres too much colored stuff to play with. Maya is also on this way - a bad readable Home-Menu is the result...

I hear what you're saying - all of those skins have some great things about them but overall none of them are what I'm looking for if I want to be able to stop skinning - I was hoping CLR would be the nirvana but it didn't quite get there for me - guess I'll have to stick with the black and white of BleazleWide for a while longer yet :D (still looks good on my 50" Plasma :) )

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

I hear what you're saying - all of those skins have some great things about them but overall none of them are what I'm looking for if I want to be able to stop skinning - I was hoping CLR would be the nirvana but it didn't quite get there for me - guess I'll have to stick with the black and white of BleazleWide for a while longer yet :D (still looks good on my 50" Plasma :) )

Well that is mighty fine news for your fan club. Lets face it the other skins are not a patch on you!!!:D. You just keep skinning yong man and be careful out on the ike tracks as we need you a while longer yet!!:eek::eek:

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Hey Bleaz
    I like the featured screen shot on the MP home page today:D:D

Haha - I take it we made it to the Home page? :D All of you guys that keep pushing me to change/improve things should be happy (thanks!) :D

Sorry for my absence here at the moment (and lack of updates) but MP (and skinning) isn't getting a look in at the moment - I'm riding the KTM dirtbike every spare chance plus kids and work (I've finally got to the point where I need to do some work instead of play on MP all day) are taking up all of my time :rolleyes:

Hopefully I'll still remember how this skinning thing is done the next time I get a chance to take a look at things :D :D (wish I was joking!! :mad: )

Dave

gilberti69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Cornwall
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: BleazleWide V8.1.1.0

I've figured out the horrible 'NEW' overlay in TVSeries and it's so simple I thought I'd share it!

Just find a tvseries_newlabel.png that you like and drop into skin\BeazleWide\Media.

I'm using one from Blue3Wide rotated CCW90.

quake2rambo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi bleazle.
    I hope you are fine after the earthquake!? Your last message is a long time ago ...

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Hi bleazle.
    I hope you are fine after the earhtquake!? Your last message is along time ago ...

Thanks for asking - yep, all good here (I'm close to Auckland) but it's a terrible event for people in Christchurch, I've got a lot of relatives down there and I'm just hoping they're OK. My Mum is there at the moment so I'm waiting to hear back from her with regard to the family (I know she's OK, I spoke to her yesterday).

I've figured out the horrible 'NEW' overlay in TVSeries and it's so simple I thought I'd share it!

Just find a tvseries_newlabel.png that you like and drop into skin\BeazleWide\Media.

I'm using one from Blue3Wide rotated CCW90.

Is there a new release of TVSeries? I haven't done any MediaPortal stuff for a long time, my setups are working fine and I've been too busy over summer to sit on the computer. I figured I'd wait for 1.2 to be released and look at it again then. Feel free to let me know if there's anything that need to be looked at in a hurry though.

Bleazle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom