BleazleWide V8.1.1.0 for MP 1.1.x (1 Viewer)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Re: AW: BleazleWide V8

Hello Bleazle,

can you please take a look on the screenshot in this link?
OnlineVideos

Have you any idea where this "RSS" logo comes from?

Thanks alot

greetings

Hi cerberus!

I don't know anything about the Online Videos plugin - I only installed it for the first time yesterday and I noticed a similar thing - when I was downloading a file from YouTube the YouTube logo was in the top left corner (where the RSS image is in you screenshot) skin wide even if I changed skins (to B3W :eek: for example). I don't like that idea and there must be a way to stop it happening but I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

If someone gives you the answer on your other post can you let me know? That will save me from having to work it out :) :D

Bleazle

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
BleazleWide V8.1

Hi All

I've just released BleazleWide V8.1 (see the first post for info)

Apart from working on BleazleWide I've been playing around with a new skin for the touchscreen HTPC I'm going to put in my kitchen/dining area. I love BleazleWide but (in my opinion) that skin is more suited to a dedicated "formal" TV room. The skin I'm working on now will be lighter to suit the more "social" area. I don't plan on releasing this skin - I don't have time to support two skins properly but I thought I'd post some screenshots since I was here :D

The background "space" image is just a space filler - it won't be there when I'm finished. The idea is to keep the skin simple - since I'm not going to release it I don't need to give buttons "titles" because I'll know what they're for (unless I've had too much to drink while cooking... :D )

This is the touchscreen I'm going to use install: HP TouchSmart 600 Desktop reviews - CNET Reviews

Can't wait :D just need someone to go to the States and pick it up for me :mad: Actually that's arranged, but it probably won't happen for a couple of months :(

Bleazle

Attachments

• it1.jpg
    it1.jpg
    157.6 KB
  • it2.jpg
    it2.jpg
    132.3 KB

kjd01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 24, 2009
    Re: BleazleWide V8.1

Love the idea of the Touchscreen skin. Even though you are not releasing the skin would it be possible to get a copy of it when it is complete that I could then support and modify myself.:D

splinty

Portal Member
    October 13, 2009
    Kurgan
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation

It doesn't work for me :( While running MP it writes "Current skin is outdated" and after a second just disappear.
    Any advices would be very appreciable.

Fua

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Wow. It's looking good again. I'll try this weekend.
    There is only one little thing I miss. In Moving Pictures I would like to display the alternate title. (Got a lot of chinese and korean movies)
    Is there a way to add this to this fantastic skin?

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England

Hmm, was looking forward to giving this a go, but when i try to run the package i get 'invalid package'? Im running it as an upgrade to V7.1 on MP1.0.1, any ideas?

EDIT: I think its because i dont have MPEI installed. The version in the link on your download page doesnt seem to work, does anyone have another link to a working version?

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Love the idea of the Touchscreen skin. Even though you are not releasing the skin would it be possible to get a copy of it when it is complete that I could then support and modify myself.:D

mmm.. I'll see how it progresses but to be honest I'm not sure that it would be a good place for you to start from because I'm really going to make it do what I want so there won't be any allowances for "someone else might prefer that option". If you want to have a go at putting something together yourself I recommend looking at Black & White 1080 - the BasicHome screen there gave me the idea for the new BleazleWide BasicHome + as always Monochrome is worth a look, it has a lot of great features some of which are used in BleazleWide or have been used as an inspiration for BleazleWide (eg the "hidden" buttons in the new BasicHome screen)

It doesn't work for me :( While running MP it writes "Current skin is outdated" and after a second just disappear.
    Any advices would be very appreciable.

If you're running MP 1.1 RC1 you'll still get the "Current skin is outdated" message - you get it for B3W too, I don't know why because the skin versions are correct so maybe it has something to do with the MP core (or something). I'm sure that will be sorted for RC2 though (hopefully).

Apart from that I've got no idea why the skin won't run for you. I've tested it on an XP and a Vista setup and it runs perfectly. Maybe someone else will have an idea...

Wow. It's looking good again. I'll try this weekend.
    There is only one little thing I miss. In Moving Pictures I would like to display the alternate title. (Got a lot of chinese and korean movies)
    Is there a way to add this to this fantastic skin?

I didn't know there was an "alternate title" option - can you point me to any info on it? I'll have a look over the weekend and see what can be done....

Hmm, was looking forward to giving this a go, but when i try to run the package i get 'invalid package'? Im running it as an upgrade to V7.1 on MP1.0.1, any ideas?

EDIT: I think its because i dont have MPEI installed. The version in the link on your download page doesnt seem to work, does anyone have another link to a working version?

Maybe the installer won't run in MP 1.0.1? Did you install the installer properly? All you do is drop all of the files contained in the zip file into you MP directory, and then run the MPE1 installer .exe file from there.

Let us know if that works.

Bleazle

cerberus

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2008
    BW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: BleazleWide V8.1

olinevideos

The RSS image was set to the GUI property #header.image if you switch to the onlinevideos-plugin. To his opinion within the Bleazle-Skin this property is not resettable at the TV window. If anyone can give a better explanation, please help me out - my English isn’t good enough.

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hi Bleazle,

many thanks for the updates .. huge thanks for bringin back "MY" basic home screen. you see, it goes nice with my wall unit :D
    I really like the install selections.. very profesional... (You found help, did you?)

I did get the skin version issue and had to change the reference file (maybe RC2 will fix this ?)

1 minor issue I've found is with Lyrics is when select next page and then try to go back to previous lyric page.. I lost control for selections and have to back to previous screen (leaving lyric)
    btw.. love the lyric shortcut in music screen (I must of missed this one)

loving your weather backdrop addon !!

Vff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom