Blu-Ray / HD-DVD Player with PowerDVD (a working solution) (2 Viewers)

Does this solution help you to play Blu-Ray or HD-DVD movies?

• Yes

Votes: 211 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 51 19.5%

• Total voters

My.stAr

Portal Member
February 24, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Noone has a clue how i could solve the problem?
One more information: When i exit the fullscreen mode, MediaPortal is blinking whole the time, when the window isn't active... and it's all the time in front of all other windows.

/edit:
Ok, solved the problem by myself. The Problem wasn't the HD Player plugin, but another Plugin for MP^^

Great Job, MoPhat! thx^

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    @My.stAr

:D

Works nicely for me.
    Now the only problem is that powerdvd does not have any support for selecting the what you want it to play by remote. If for instance I want to play a backup of a disc that it on the HDD I'm having to get the keyboard.

Anyway, thanks for the great work.

HI, you can try whith this shortcut from PowerDVD to open a file:

-> Ctrl+O Selects media source for playback

I think this can be a help for your: PowerDVD Ultra Keyboard Shortcuts

MoPhat

Sygrael

February 24, 2008
    Have you tried the version of the HD_starter.exe that I posted?

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/232181-post84.html

Yes it works :D
    And thank you MoPhat :)

@My.stAr

:D

Works nicely for me.
    Now the only problem is that powerdvd does not have any support for selecting the what you want it to play by remote. If for instance I want to play a backup of a disc that it on the HDD I'm having to get the keyboard.

Anyway, thanks for the great work.

HI, you can try whith this shortcut from PowerDVD to open a file:

-> Ctrl+O Selects media source for playback

I think this can be a help for your: PowerDVD Ultra Keyboard Shortcuts

MoPhat

I'm using an MCE remote and "CTRL+O" is the button "Go to Recorded TV". But it does not work for me.
    Anyone experience the same problem ?

Is it possible in the HD_Starter.ahk to translate for exemple the media portal button "Record" to "CTRL+O" in powerDvd ? or this translation is only for keyboard use ? :confused:

Regards

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    What is your problem?

Maybe i can help you ;)

MoPhat

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi again,

I'm having the same problem as the other guy.. In media portal, my remote control "back" button does work, but when I launch hd_starter.exe and powerdvd loads up, I can't exit back to Mediaportal.. If I press escape on the keyboard it works fine, but not using the back button on my remote (that does work in MP)..

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    How do you navigate in MP back with your remote control, Escape or Backspace button?

MoPhat

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The escape key takes me back in MP when I use my keyboard. I have tried backspace on the keyboard and that doesnt do anything. I have a key on my remote (although I may have renamed it to back it could well of originally been back) that also takes me back when in MP.

In powerdvd, the escape key takes me back to MP. However the button on the remote does not anymore. Once back in MP using the escape key on my keyboard, the remote button works again fine.

The only thing I have installed is IR server suite, although I havent got it configured yet. I have just tried disabling the MP Control Plugin in my MP configuration and trying again, but still only the escape key works on the keyboard, not the remote button..

I'm assuming because my remote works in MP then its either something to do with the remote side of things in MP or that there is more than one key which goes back in MP other than escape which my remote must be using??

Any ideas on how to check any of this or go about sorting it mate?

Thanks

Azzin

February 27, 2008
    Hi all,

I'm following this thread with excitement as it seems that it may well just be the answer to my prayers!

What I'm a bit confused about is all the changes and updated files overt the last 13 pages! :oops:

Is there a quick easy up to date guide a n00b like me can follow to get this working? :D

Many thanks.

[Edit] - I'm getting closer!!

I have an ISO of my First Blood on HD DVD.

I can browse to the folder that it's in within MP. :)

I can then click on the ISO, and I can hear the initial loading screen sounds coming out of the speakers............but I'm still looking at the MP interface. :(

If I then close MP then the movie is sitting there on the first screen waiting for me to tell it what language I want to watch it in.

So I'm close, but not quite close enough and for some reason PowerDVD is staying hidden "behind" Media Portal if that makes sense?

Many thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom