Bug and Problem Reports (3 Viewers)

The Solutor

Portal Pro
August 25, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy

Thanks, sorry for the delay in my reply but I didn't realize, that the most used function of a TV program's UI required such long detail description.

Whatever... looks like you got it and MP made an huge step in the everyday usability direction (y)

You'll now have "+"/"-" Buttons to tune to previous or next channel next to recording button. Also the recording button works now.

Do you mean it's already fixed in the downlodable skin or it's fixed internally and we have to wait for the next release?

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
October 25, 2016
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hello
Firstly great work on the WMC skin and MP2.1 Final :)

Something i keep encountering is that when using views such as cover view, grid view, banners etc on screens like Tv Series or Movies - if using a remote when you move the highlighted item over to the right of the screen to scroll across to the next set of shows or movies the screen does not scroll and the highlighted border disappears and using the left arrow of the remote does not bring it back. I have to exit MP, restart it and change the view back to list view to work. Because of this i can only use list view which does scroll (up and down) fine. It's hard to describe exactly what happens - if you can't replicate it let me know and i can always try and upload a video of the scenario.

Also in TV guide (and this does the same in all skins) if the amount of guide rows and period of time shown on screen is not set to an exact optimal setting - TV shows running down the EPG that start at the same time are positioned differently - seemingly affected by the length of shows preceding it. This also seems to cause the line that runs down the screen showing progress for the current time to appear ahead of real time - EG it might be just before 8pm but the line appears to run down the screen at a point just after 8pm. Again, if it's not something you're aware of or cannot replicate let me know and i can provide images :)

Keep up the excellent work :D

Thanks

Anthony :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello
    Firstly great work on the WMC skin and MP2.1 Final :)

Something i keep encountering is that when using views such as cover view, grid view, banners etc on screens like Tv Series or Movies - if using a remote when you move the highlighted item over to the right of the screen to scroll across to the next set of shows or movies the screen does not scroll and the highlighted border disappears and using the left arrow of the remote does not bring it back. I have to exit MP, restart it and change the view back to list view to work. Because of this i can only use list view which does scroll (up and down) fine. It's hard to describe exactly what happens - if you can't replicate it let me know and i can always try and upload a video of the scenario.

Also in TV guide (and this does the same in all skins) if the amount of guide rows and period of time shown on screen is not set to an exact optimal setting - TV shows running down the EPG that start at the same time are positioned differently - seemingly affected by the length of shows preceding it. This also seems to cause the line that runs down the screen showing progress for the current time to appear ahead of real time - EG it might be just before 8pm but the line appears to run down the screen at a point just after 8pm. Again, if it's not something you're aware of or cannot replicate let me know and i can provide images :)

Keep up the excellent work :D

Thanks

Anthony :)
    I didn't face this issue, but I've heard it one or two times from others in the past. Please attach logs, after the problem happens. My guess is a DX error.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For this an image would be helpful, I try to follow, but I can not I think :)

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Looking at my TV Guide, I am not following some of the comment but, I do not understand the how the Time shown above each channel starts at 2:15, 2:45, 3:15 and so on.

As for the Line that runs Down the Screen, Mine is matching the Clock shown in the Upper Right...
    TV Guide.jpg

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Also in TV guide (and this does the same in all skins) if the amount of guide rows and period of time shown on screen is not set to an exact optimal setting - TV shows running down the EPG that start at the same time are positioned differently - seemingly affected by the length of shows preceding it.
    I can confirm this: it happens in some cases only when there are many short programs and the run times are rounded. This can lead to few small shifts in program start. Moving the visible time frame already solves this (new start/end calculation, new rounding).

I could not fix this yet, but it is also only a minor visual glitch.

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Press OK while watching TV to see the little EPG window.

The window shows the actual Channel but not the Details of the actual Show. Title and Show details are empty until you press up and down one time.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2016
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi
    For this an image would be helpful, I try to follow, but I can not I think :)

I've attached an image to try and explain better. (Though when trying to do this the progress bar down the screen was not too far out so I haven't included it. The screenshot shows lots of programmes that start at the same time but are at different start points on the epg. It also shows how the times across the top of the screen rarely match the actual programme time for the shows underneath. When scrolling through time in the EPG as the time text is static as the epg scrolls underneath it becomes hard to see what times the programmes will start as they do not match. The programmes with yellow bars all start at the same time and so should be in a line. I've annotated across the top what time those programmes start to show the times not matching the top row.

Thanks for your time & hope this helps.

(I'll also try and get some logs of the other issue with the cover art not scrolling in TV series and Movies view shortly)
    MP2.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom