Bugs and improvements (incl. themes) (2 Viewers)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have fixed the current screen file (wrong reference to base screen) and also added all skin files to the project.
    Thanks.
    Unfortunately I realized still problems with the CP screen.
    When I have running TV and click on the "CP icon" in group menu, the focus jumps many times randomly to other groups. I had to press it 5 times in last try.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately I realized still problems with the CP screen.
    Unfortunately a long standing issue which I couldn't solve yet :(

I found some details which might be worth to change. The schedules screen looks bad, too many concurrently scrolling items and overlapping texts:
    upload_2016-3-10_17-47-29.png

The scrolling should at least only happen one a single row which has focus. (done)

In "large fonts" theme it looks worse, here the times are overlapping: (done)
    upload_2016-3-10_17-48-24.png

The style of focused button is now too dark for the EPG < > buttons (screenshot shows the "<" as focused, hardly vible) (done)
    upload_2016-3-10_17-49-31.png

Last edited by a moderator:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another one: button style doesn't indicate "disabled" state correctly : (done)
    upload_2016-3-10_18-40-10.png

Which button is enabled? In Titanium it's visible (not the nicest one though ;))
    upload_2016-3-10_18-40-58.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried to correct this, but couldn't do it so far. Though there is a dialogue button style, most buttons use the standard style. I tried to apply the darker focus only to the menus, but whatever I tried always other unexpected buttons were also affected.

In worst case I need to revert the change and use a white with low opacity as focus again. It doesn't look good on blue I think.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, no need to rush with those issues, they are quite minor. I will be away till 15.03. for a short vacation, after that we can look into the button styles and other things.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The scrolling should at least only happen one a single row which has focus.
    Agree, I really dislike scrolling. I never applied the "large font" theme so far. Your idea, that only the focused item is scrolling is good. I'll apply that.
    Regarding the button styles I'll try again. I think I can find a way. It'll just take time, as I feel I need to clean up the button styles at first.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately a long standing issue which I couldn't solve yet :(

I found some details which might be worth to change. The schedules screen looks bad, too many concurrently scrolling items and overlapping texts:
    upload_2016-3-10_17-47-29-png.176771

The scrolling should at least only happen one a single row which has focus.

This is corrected now, at least partly. The start and end time is a stackpanel and therefore not scrollable.
    To make it not overlap I put it into a scrollviewer for the moment. But to make it also scrollable I'd need a converter, that allows to merge several texts into one label.
    I could only find a StringConverter, that allows me to to add predefined text around a string.

XML:
          <ScrollViewer Grid.Column="3" CanContentScroll="True" VerticalScrollBarVisibility="Disabled" HorizontalScrollBarVisibility="Disabled">
            <StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal"  >
              <Label x:Name="ProgramStart" Margin="10,0,0,0"  Color="{ThemeResource TextColor}" VerticalAlignment="Center"
                     Content="{Binding [StartTime]}" FontSize="{ThemeResource SmallFontSize}"/>
              <Label Margin="5,0,5,0" Content="—" Color="{ThemeResource TextColor}" VerticalAlignment="Center" />
              <Label x:Name="ProgramEnd" Content="{Binding [EndTime]}" VerticalAlignment="Center" Margin="0,0,10,0"
                     Color="{ThemeResource TextColor}" FontSize="{ThemeResource SmallFontSize}" />
            </StackPanel> 
          </ScrollViewer>

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried to correct this, but couldn't do it so far. Though there is a dialogue button style, most buttons use the standard style. I tried to apply the darker focus only to the menus, but whatever I tried always other unexpected buttons were also affected.

In worst case I need to revert the change and use a white with low opacity as focus again. It doesn't look good on blue I think.
    It is corrected and changes are pushed. Only buttons in setting menus have darker focus background, other buttons have a lighter one, so are always visible on focus in combination with dark/black backgrounds.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @hofi
    Do you see the small weather icons in the forcast (lower part of screen).
    They are since many month gone in all my screen, even after installing things freshly. But heard from another user, that he could see them o_O
    wetter.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom