Building Database over network (1 Viewer)

rickd

Portal Pro
October 9, 2007
I am using the database build option in tag that to build my mp music database it hangs ....my music is on a network drive it builds it and the scan status stops half way and does not shift

Running Vista on both machines

rickd

Portal Pro
October 9, 2007
Ok from the other thread I followed the build the database from the share in mp config. which worked in there.

However when I go into MP I see songs and albums no cover art and cannot play the songs as they are not listed in library mode only in shared mode.

I think I need to understand how this all works.

My music is on a network share and mp database and mp are on my htpc....

how do I get all the cover art (some is there probably.jpg stuff) and correct info into database and use tag that to update my files etc from the htpc with MP on it? and how do we get the songs to show up in libray mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

That's great. Glad there is no issue.
That's great. Glad there is no issue.
I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
Replies
Views
I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the 10Gbps card I added, so I've connected the HD Homerun directly to the 2.5G port, and its solved the problem, I can now copy large multiple files to the server and not suffer with picture issues. There is...
I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the...
My MP1 installation works perfectly, except if I transfer large files to my server. Network setup. HD Homerun Quad tuner -...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
Replies
Views
What is the recommended way to use a file server for music, pictures and video? Is there any advantage to mapping a network drive over using the full UNC network path? For example, I have videos stored at \\DiskStation\video\. Would there be any benefit to mapping this folder to V: (using group policy or "map network drive") and then...
What is the recommended way to use a file server for music, pictures and video? Is there any advantage to mapping a network drive...
What is the recommended way to use a file server for music, pictures and video? Is there any advantage to mapping a network drive...
Replies
Views
I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom