CableCARD tuner support for MediaPortal 1 (5 Viewers)

KenV99

January 24, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi,
I'm new to MediaPortal, but a long time user of XBMC. I'm receiving an HDHomerun Prime from Amazon tomorrow and want to setup MediaPortal TV server as the backend using SchedulesDirect for EPG and continue using XBMC (12.3) as the frontend. After reading through this thread, I wanted to clarify if I install MP 1.6 if I need to apply the previously mentioned patch for 1.5PR. Or has that been rolled up into the 1.6 release? Or is there a separate patch that is needed for 1.6?

KenV99

January 24, 2014
Home Country

KenV99

January 24, 2014
Home Country
Hi,
After many trials and tribulations, I finally got things set up and working. My only continuing issue is with Schedules Direct and channel mapping. I have tried changing to mapping based upon channel number only and many other things, but basically it maps 63 out of 406 channels correctly and the rest do not have any EPG information added. Is there any way of mapping channels directly? Perhaps directly editing some XML file somewhere?

The files it is generating from recording are also huge. Any recommendations on a way of automatically transcoding to .mp4? Not during recording. As a post-recording batch...

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Hi,
    After many trials and tribulations, I finally got things set up and working. My only continuing issue is with Schedules Direct and channel mapping. I have tried changing to mapping based upon channel number only and many other things, but basically it maps 63 out of 406 channels correctly and the rest do not have any EPG information added. Is there any way of mapping channels directly? Perhaps directly editing some XML file somewhere?

The files it is generating from recording are also huge. Any recommendations on a way of automatically transcoding to .mp4? Not during recording. As a post-recording batch...

I do not use Schedules Direct. I use the XMLTV plugin in the TV server, and use mc2xml to generate the XML file from Microsoft. http://mc2xml.hosterbox.net/#mediaportal

Sigpi007

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    @KenV99 ...

I feel your pain with Schedules Direct. Setup can be a bitch. Once it's up and running, it's actually pretty nice. Getting it perfect takes some edits direct to the database. If you feel comfortable with SQL of databases in general, then follow this link and you'll learn how to fix the unrecognized channels. Another user (breese) is a good resource too on this.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/schedules-direct-qam-maping-offer.118970/#post-995764

With that said... Lyfesaver's alternate option is also a good way to go. (No experience on my end. But have been considering for other reasons.)

Sigpi007

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    @mm1352000

Just reporting that the TV server has gotten a bit unstable again since applying the patch. Symptom seems to be general "freezing" of channel feeds during channel changes. Generally this is done by going to the TV guide and selecting a new channel while a feed is still playing. (Personally, I tend to hit "stop" and then select a new channel, and that usually averts any freeze. My visitors and wife aren't as cautious, even if warned.)

Attached are logs for review if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom