Call for tester for 1.4.0 features and fixes (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    While testing this branch, I had Windows Update steal focus, which resulted in MP being minimised to the system tray.

I know that this might be the 'correct' behaviour, but to most people this will look as though MP has simply crashed.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That is absolute correct behavior. Windows Update steals focus on ANYTHING when it is setup automatically as it should. This can be configured differently of course.

Anyway minimizing to tray on focus loss can be configured with the next build. But if that's the only major problem, it is looking good.

Last edited:

Kui

Portal Pro
    November 11, 2010
    Alajärvi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Build 12 comes when 1.3.0 Final is out:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :sleep:

;)
    must be fun

Correct me if im wrong, but I see that comment as insult to developers here.

Perhaps you should help somehow if you feel developement is slow or something..?

This being said here million times, but people do this program on free time, many have families, jobs and so on.. That attitude is atleast NOT helping anything coming any faster done, mostly slows things.

Scythe42 has already done alot great work, fixed alot bugs (and big one's), so atleast I give credits to that!

Kui

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi @Kui : Have you considered: We misunderstand l337's post, Or he is friends with Scythe and they are laughing their pants of right now over l337's post, or l337 is just trying to make a joke but doesnt master the english language as you do...

What I'm trying to point out: I (we) don't have a clue. From text it is nearly impossible to read emotions or intonation as the writer might have intended.
    I'm not bothered with it, and I know for 100% sure Scythe is not bothered with it. He is a grown up (talented) dev :notworthy: .
    One thing is clear. l337 is very exited about the mods Scythe is building and apparently he is eager to give build 12 a spin. My guess: In his enthusiasm he probably just wants to shake the tree a little bit to see whats comes out and what is happening in it.. news, updates etc.. (y)

Your response Kui I see as positive as well. You show you fully understand the devs situation and show respect. Very much appreciated, really! You even feel you need to stand up for Scythe. This is commendable (although not really needed). Thank you for understanding :)

After reading Kui's and l337's post, I see two positive persons very likely not understanding each other but BOTH using and loving MediaPortal. :D

Let THIS be the last post about the above topic. No reply needed. :)

On topic again:
    Lets just wait until Scythe has finished building the build 12 and has time to post it here. It'll come when it and he is ready. In the mean time... I'm wearing my F5 button heavily on the first post of this thread. :p :p

Last edited:

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Uploaded Build 12 for usage with MP 1.3.0 in the 1st post.

What to test:
    • Please report any issues as always
    • Check for plugin loading/starting issues we had in the last couple of builds. I reverted some stuff. Need to know if there are still issues.
    • Any mouse handling or cursor issues. I hope I got them all now.
    • Does this it work on XP? I do not even have it installed in a VM anymore.
    Note: Configuration options mentioned earlier not yet included as there are a few things I have to work out first. Want to make the configuration.exe compatible with larger DPI sizes. Lot of work.

Last edited:

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I gave Build 12 a small try run.
    Loading of all plugins works again, at least the problem i had with PowerScheduler++ is gone.
    Havent tested that much yet, but encountered a new behavior on startup, so i thought i reply right away.

When i start mp, everything seems normal, i get the splashscreen with all the loading messeges. After 13seconds however my screen goes black and i only see my cursor. After 10 more seconds im on mp homescreen and can use mp normaly. I attached a log.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom