Call for tester for 1.4.0 features and fixes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quantor

Portal Pro
February 9, 2013
Bad Kreuznach
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thats What I use standard. Tried that first. No sound.
Triedn then the AMD one.. still same.

Going to give build V13 a go.

Try the following: End MP --> Open your Volume Control out of the Tray --> Switch to "Mixer" ---> Start MP in windowed mode --> check if a mixer control shows up for MP --> Have a look at this control if it is alligned with your master volume control

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :) Just fixed that one so during playback it shows the overlay when muted again. Not specific to my builds. Old issue as the general overlay over the UI was removed.

You can only mute/unmute during playback. Not when being in UI, even though muting still applies here for skin sounds effects. Yeah, inconsistency in MP.

Last edited:

Quantor

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2013
    Bad Kreuznach
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just started to test 014 some minutes ago:

One Digit Channel Switching still works fine on my installation. Will test all other issues/behaviors I had and let you know the outcome later on.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, did a quick test. Dont know if this has been mentioned already.

GUI playback positioning bar is now correct!

During playback switch off/on receiver, movie returns nicely. But a judder is introduced. Maybe you knew/expect it.
    Here is log plus screenshots.

Before shutdown After turning on
    00-56-08.png 00-56-30.png

Overall experience is good!
    Will keep it until further notice for testing

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yep, the judder is a another side effect of turning off HDMI equipment.

Refresh Rate get reset when the resolution goes back to 1024x768 and then 1930x1080 when you turn on your equipment again. Refresh Rate changer is not called again under these circumstances. Changing the resolution also resets the refresh rate. MP isn't really aware of it.

If not using the RR changer than it is just DirectShow itself not really surviving a disconnected audio renderer but in your case keeps playing sound with whatever glitches introduced. There was a Direct Show error for sure that should have terminated playback. Already wrote about it.

All this stuff goes basically back to DirectShow itself. With MediaFoundation you have better control. But the codec maintainers don't really provide a MediaFoundation versions of their filters. So DirectShow is probably stay there for years to come with its limitations.

Last edited:

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Tested your situations as described above.
    1 - set Refreshrate changer to 24hz per default (same as movie)
    2 - Disabled refreshrate changer all together and started MP @ 24hz

1 resulted in the same judder.
    2 resulted in a nice flat line and no judders.. :)

Ill report back in a couple of days with my findings.

If you want me to test specific things, please just ask. Happy to do it for you :)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Anybody else with mini display problems? Stays on when shutting down and imon remote does not work on resume? It works fine with stock 1.3.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I use minidisplay - IMON VFD
    But I dont use the IR receiver function. I use an MS MCE remote/receiver.

Ill check and edit this post with the results for you.

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We need some more testers (especially for suspend/resume scenarios).

This made me think for a minute... I always had problems with resume on my system. Every once in a while after resume mediaportal is frozen. Background tasks of mp are still working, like movpic import and so on, but i cant use the gui. It shows me the time from when it last went to sleep. To avoid this, i had checked "restart MP on resume (prevent stuttering for some Nvidia users)". So every time on resume mp would just restart and everything worked ok. This is not an issue related directly to your builds, so i never mentioned anything. Yesterday i disabled the restart option to get this problem again to have logs for you.

The scenario in this instance is:
    At 18:00 my htpc wakes up automaticly to fetch epg infos via webgrab++, when webgrab++.exe is not active anymore PowerShedular++ sends my htpc back to sleep (hibernate). That happend at 18:39.
    Now i started the htpc again and gui is frozen and shows 18:39.

Hope you can figure something out =)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom