Call for tester for 1.4.0 features and fixes (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    latest build doesn't work that nice here...
    Replaced the files (version before was 1.3 final with custom TsReader and MPAudiorenderer), but it stuck with the message "Cache Grafiken" and nothing happens... there is also no error.log
    I waited 4 minutes but still nothing...

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I used the new build now for 2 hours or so, and i dont have any problems. I can confirm that the zaping thing still does not work, but i was expacting that. Progressbar works again, and rest was working for me before. (y)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    always exact the same logfile I also tried deleting the cache folder... but didn't help
    wait now I discovered something interesting, while writing this post I checked the cache folder again and MP is creating constantly new .png files, all with a size of 72KB I already have over 22399 files and growing...

..214.png is the last normal texture after that it is counting and all .png files are the same, also the CRC32 hash in winrar is the same for all 72KB pictures...

in the error.png you can see the filelist ;)

Attachments

• packedgfx214.png
      packedgfx214.png
      192.8 KB
    • packedgfx215.png
      packedgfx215.png
      71.6 KB
    • error.png
      error.png
      96.7 KB

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Interesting one. But I see you are using a different skin beside what comes with MP, that might be the issue that throws the texture manager off. My guess is it can't really process one image and is stuck in an infinite loop.

Recent changes to master include stuff @tourettes added, so these might play a role here as well.

I also need debug logs and the exact skin files, in hope to reproduce the issue.

Last edited:

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will make some debug logs later ;)
    Watching some tv right now and have some recording running, so I want to be on the save side :p

I ziped the Folder of the Skin I'm using and uploading it to the dvftp to /Members/Scythe42/
    ETA: ~5minutes Size ~95MB
    So to be save check the location in around 10min^^

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Scythe,
    Could you and others just give plugin OnlineVideo's a go? I continuously get an error in YOUTUBE of URL not able to .. bla bla... But I messed with the settings of OV, SO im unsure its me or the build. If others see this as well, I will post log.

Last edited:

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Scythe,
    Could you and others just give plugin OnlineVideo's a go? I continuously get an error in YOUTUBE of URL not able to .. bla bla... But I messed with the settings of OV, SO im unsure its me or the build. If others see this as well, I will post log.

Youtube works fine for me.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Okay here we go!
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. It is important that the cache folder (Program files/Team Mediaportal/MediaPortal/cache) is empty (I tried with existing cache and MP started up)
    2. Start MP with my provided skin (not the Default Wide one, this seems to work, I guess it is because of the texture size)
    3. watch the cache folder, first everything looks fine than after some seconds the 72KB files begin to appear

debug logs of default wide and BlackGlass attached, hopefully this helps :)

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm sorry i cannot test your build. For several reasons i am still on MP 1.2.2 but there is a mantis entry that makes me scared.
    Mantis 0004068: Remove of S3 Hack! Without this option ticked my MediaPortal freezes after automatic wakeup from S3!
    No problem after wakeup by user e.g. remote. I'm on Windows 7 SP1 so there is still a need for this hack.
    Or do your have implemented another workaround?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom