Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (3 Viewers)

kuku

Portal Member
May 7, 2008
i think downsample ac3 to stereo may be enabled as default setting in MP Config under MPA decoder in expert mode i think.

I checked, and indeed in the MPA decoder settings the option "downmix AAC to stereo" was checked. But unchecking it did not do anything to the TV sound. And theoretically it should not have any effect, because I am using AC3filter for AC3, and the Monogram filter for LATM.

Anyway, adding AC3filter to TV Postprocessing seems to do the job for me, even when the audio is LATM.

eXDee

Portal Pro
February 20, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I just did it an hour ago.
Google AC3 Filter, download and install.
For Videos, TV and DVD add AC3Filter to post processing, and put a tick by each. Tick 'Use AC3Filter' in DVD codecs.
Configure it with your setup eg passthrough AC3 and DTS if your receiver supports it, and your speaker setup + other stuff.
For good measure i disabled AC3 and DTS in ffdshow.

Play some 5.1 content, and check using Graphedit.

I put in The Eagles DVD and selected the 5.1 soundtrack. When i started playing it my receiver detected DTS audio, and graphedit confirmed AC3 Filter was being used.
I assume if this works, Freeview will work also, havent got a 5.1 program to test with.

I can get 5.1 on TV3 when it broadcasts 5.1 without installing any additional filters, just using the default MP audio codec MPA, and setting it to use SPDIF and setting AC3 to preferred when available.

Though will this pass all Dolby and DTS straight to the receiver without touching it?
When i stick a DTS dvd in now (as i mentioned), the receiver will detect it and the DTS indicator will show up. The quality is much nicer than whatever i had running before (i assume default).

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i assume it does. because if i play dobly mkv then it sez dolby on my stereo, if i play dts movie, it changes to dts on my stereo. not sure about dvd, as i think all my dvds are dolby.

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does anyone else have an issue of the EPG since daylight saving being off, eg One News in the Mediaportal Guide interface sows it starting at 5:00pm -6:00pm?

THe TV Server machine has adjusted correctluy for daylight saving, as have both TV Mediaportal clients ... have also refreshed the EPG in the database, however the Programs table still shows incorrect data, eg the database entry for One News also shows start at 5:00pm.

Do the database records need to be deleted and refreshged manually or is the EPG actually incorrect?

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does anyone else have an issue of the EPG since daylight saving being off, eg One News in the Mediaportal Guide interface sows it starting at 5:00pm -6:00pm?

THe TV Server machine has adjusted correctluy for daylight saving, as have both TV Mediaportal clients ... have also refreshed the EPG in the database, however the Programs table still shows incorrect data, eg the database entry for One News also shows start at 5:00pm.

Do the database records need to be deleted and refreshged manually or is the EPG actually incorrect?
    Well that was odd.
    Deleted the SQL records, refreshed the EPG ... all no go with the EPG still being out by 1 hr.
    Rebooted the machine, EPG still out by 1 hr. Refreshed the EPG after a reboot and all good. Odd.

Biggles69

Portal Member
    April 7, 2008
    Nelson
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Freeview EPG Still 1hr out

Does anyone else still have a problem with the freeview epg being out by 1 hour? I cannot get it to change, I've refreshed the epg, changed the pc time +/- an hour & refreshed to see it that would help.
    My STB is now showing the correct epg after i corrected the time.
    how do i delete the SQL Records?

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does anyone else still have a problem with the freeview epg being out by 1 hour? I cannot get it to change, I've refreshed the epg, changed the pc time +/- an hour & refreshed to see it that would help.
    My STB is now showing the correct epg after i corrected the time.
    how do i delete the SQL Records?

Did you correct the time by applying the Daylight saving patch at:
    http://www.intelliadmin.com/DaylightSavingFix.exe
    or by just manually changing it on the PC?

After applying the patch, restart your machine, and then reload the EPG

Biggles69

Portal Member
    April 7, 2008
    Nelson
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No I hadn't, I worked that out after i posted, I changed the time zone to Tonga (+13hrs) & that fixed it, I guess the epg times are directly linked to the time zone settings in windows not the clock.

Thanks for the help, it would have driven me nuts if i hadn't worked it out :)

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    Streaming HD Freeview!!

Is anyone using a client to view HD Freeview. Is there any trick to getting it going?
    I have no problems streaming for my Satellite card but no joy with the DVB-T.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yea I think this is a known issue in mantis:
    0001440: Playing back h264 recording on RTSP client results in black screen. - MediaPortal Bugtracker

I have the problem that my client hasn't got the grunt to play h.264 so I've hacked TVServer to say "If client x requests a channel then don't use cardx or card y; leaving only the DVB-S card. One day I hope to get around to writing a patch to include a option in tvserver for "Profiles" so you can configure different profiles for different channels/clients etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom