Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (4 Viewers)

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
July 30, 2006
Yea I think this is a known issue in mantis:
0001440: Playing back h264 recording on RTSP client results in black screen. - MediaPortal Bugtracker

I have the problem that my client hasn't got the grunt to play h.264 so I've hacked TVServer to say "If client x requests a channel then don't use cardx or card y; leaving only the DVB-S card. One day I hope to get around to writing a patch to include a option in tvserver for "Profiles" so you can configure different profiles for different channels/clients etc.

So how hard is it to "hack" the tv server to set DVB-S as my client card? You haven't added this to your online setup guide hahahahaha

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You'd need to make changes to code and re-compile. Quick and dirty patch, replace client1 and client2 with your client names:
    Code:
    Index: AdvancedCardAllocation.cs
    ===================================================================
    --- AdvancedCardAllocation.cs	(revision 20343)
    +++ AdvancedCardAllocation.cs	(working copy)
    @@ -125,6 +125,13 @@
                   Log.Info("Controller:    card:{0} type:{1} is disabled", cardId, tvcard.Type);
                   continue;
                 }
    +            
    +              if ((user.Name.ToLower() == "[I][COLOR="Red"]client1[/COLOR][/I]" || user.Name.ToLower() == "[I][COLOR="Red"]client2[/COLOR][/I]") && (cardId == 2 || cardId == 3))
    +            {
    +                //Don't use this card for this client.
    +                Log.Info("Controller:    card:{0} type:{1} is Not for this client", cardId, tvcard.Type);
    +                continue;
    +            }

try
                 {

Not sure when I can get around to writing a proper feature, and even then it has to be considered by the dev team which they probably won't want to do until after the release of version 1.0 since they are only doing bug fixes not new feature,

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    You'd need to make changes to code and re-compile. Quick and dirty patch, replace client1 and client2 with your client names:
    Code:
    Index: AdvancedCardAllocation.cs
    ===================================================================
    --- AdvancedCardAllocation.cs	(revision 20343)
    +++ AdvancedCardAllocation.cs	(working copy)
    @@ -125,6 +125,13 @@
                   Log.Info("Controller:    card:{0} type:{1} is disabled", cardId, tvcard.Type);
                   continue;
                 }
    +            
    +              if ((user.Name.ToLower() == "[I][COLOR="Red"]client1[/COLOR][/I]" || user.Name.ToLower() == "[I][COLOR="Red"]client2[/COLOR][/I]") && (cardId == 2 || cardId == 3))
    +            {
    +                //Don't use this card for this client.
    +                Log.Info("Controller:    card:{0} type:{1} is Not for this client", cardId, tvcard.Type);
    +                continue;
    +            }

try
                 {

Not sure when I can get around to writing a proper feature, and even then it has to be considered by the dev team which they probably won't want to do until after the release of version 1.0 since they are only doing bug fixes not new feature,

"You'd need to make changes to code and re-compile" hmmmmm you totally past my knowledge of the world now HAHAAHAA

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I haven't been getting any EPG info for Freeview Channels 6 & 7 for the last few days - anyone else got the same problem/a solution? (basic specs: 2 x DVB-S cards, 1xanalouge card - haven't had a problem with the daylight saving change over) Have tried rebooting and manually refreshing the EPG a couple of times but no joy..

Cheers

David

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi all

Ive got a dead Skystar2 card which Im going to have to replace (other one is still fine). Note that the guy on TRademe doesnt seem to have been selling since May so wondering if anyone knows of an alternative supplier in NZ or an alternative card which will fit the bill.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @bleazle - same here for those channels, wonder whats up?

Judging by the lack of replies it looks like we're the only ones that have this problem! :rolleyes:

I've tried deleting channels 6 & 7 then re-scanning/adding them (+restarting of course) a couple of times but it hasn't made any difference. I can't understand why all of the other channels have EPG data but not these two - even the Prime "workaround" is fine :( .....

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Myabe be a stupit question but have you checked that channel is ticked in the EPG Grabber section?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom