Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (4 Viewers)

5Hundred

Portal Pro
December 14, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Mines come good, didn't do anything different either!

In the past if i've had EPG problems i"ve deleted solely the SQL database where the EPG data is stored and then done a manual EPG update, you could try this.

eXDee

Portal Pro
February 20, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Anyone here done RC3 yet?
Wondering if there's anything wrong that's NZ related, 1 or 2 people mentioned some bugs that were supposedly fixed reappearing, don't know how accurate that is though.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Mines come good, didn't do anything different either!

In the past if i've had EPG problems i"ve deleted solely the SQL database where the EPG data is stored and then done a manual EPG update, you could try this.

Mine hasn't :mad: Where is the EPG data stored? i.e. what file(s) do I need to delete?

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
July 30, 2006
Anyone here done RC3 yet?
Wondering if there's anything wrong that's NZ related, 1 or 2 people mentioned some bugs that were supposedly fixed reappearing, don't know how accurate that is though.

Just trying it now. Its really doing my head in !!
TV works mint on the server but can not get it work on the client. I can see the EPG on the client but it will not start the channel.
I am starting to get angry now!! Soon I will turn green . . .. .

Just had a look and it appears the client starts the time shifting on the server but the client does not show up as having a current stream running. . .. ...

mruane

Portal Pro
June 4, 2006
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I had also been been able to get EPG but unable to play LiveTV with RC3 until I shut down Windows Firewall, after that LiveTV came back. So I suspect the previous Firewall exception for RC2 was getting in the way.

Cheers Mike

mickypnz

Portal Member
November 13, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I just wanted to say that I'm stoked that under RC3, the Freeview EPG is now displayed properly, without repeating the show description twice. Thanks for any one who contributed to fix that niggling issue.

Michael

bgbailey

Portal Member
October 11, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi guys I in the process of getting an HTPC going.

I have

IBM M50 Desktop
512MB (to change soon)
40GB (to change soon)

TechniSat SkyStar 2 card
TVout Card
MediaPortal 1.0 RC3
SkYDish
Splitter

I have had the TechniSat software find the Optus Satellite ok, but I lost the LAN connection so I started from scratch with MP

I cannot get the Settings of the MP TV to find FreeView.

Can I get some help on this?

Cheers
Bernard

mickypnz

Portal Member
November 13, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi guys I in the process of getting an HTPC going.

I have

IBM M50 Desktop
512MB (to change soon)
40GB (to change soon)

TechniSat SkyStar 2 card
TVout Card
MediaPortal 1.0 RC3
SkYDish
Splitter

I have had the TechniSat software find the Optus Satellite ok, but I lost the LAN connection so I started from scratch with MP

I cannot get the Settings of the MP TV to find FreeView.

Can I get some help on this?

Cheers
Bernard

Have you checked out the wiki for New Zealand? If itdoesn't help, post back and I'm sure someone will help out.

Country_Specific_Informations/NewZealand/FreeviewTVE3 - MediaPortal Wiki Documentation

Michael

bgbailey

Portal Member
October 11, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi micky, thanks for responding so quickly

Yes I was using this wiki to install from but the latest release of MP differs from what was in the Wiki.

>In a few seconds you should see the TV Server management console. Before you go any further make sure you can >see your TV Card(s) listed under TV Servers\[servername]

I can't see where to run the TV Server Management console from

Cheers
Bernard

mickypnz

Portal Member
November 13, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi micky, thanks for responding so quickly

Yes I was using this wiki to install from but the latest release of MP differs from what was in the Wiki.

>In a few seconds you should see the TV Server management console. Before you go any further make sure you can >see your TV Card(s) listed under TV Servers\[servername]

I can't see where to run the TV Server Management console from

Cheers
Bernard

Double click on the shortcut to TV-Server Configuration created on your desktop, or in start>programs>Mediaportal>TV Server

The first time you run this, it will prompt you with the database configuration screen (where you have enter the password - if you didn't change it during setup, it will be the default)

Once that screen is dealt with, you will get the TV-Server configuration window. This will look roughly like the one on the wiki - although it is slightly updated, the general idea is the same.

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom