Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (4 Viewers)

bgbailey

Portal Member
October 11, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi Michael,

I thoughtn there was something wrong there

I don't have

either

>Double click on the shortcut to TV-Server Configuration created on your desktop, or in start>programs>Mediaportal>TV Server

Should I Uninstall and start again?

Cheers
bernard

Hi Michael

>Double click on the shortcut to TV-Server Configuration created on your desktop, or in start>programs>Mediaportal>TV Server

I don't have either of thses. Should I reinstall RC3?

Cheers
Bernard

mickypnz

Portal Member
November 13, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi Michael,

I thoughtn there was something wrong there

I don't have

either

Should I Uninstall and start again?

Cheers
bernard

Hi Michael

I don't have either of thses. Should I reinstall RC3?

Cheers
Bernard
I would say so.

What operating system are you installing on? Did anything seem to go wrong during the install?

Make sure you remove any old versions of mediaportal and restart before you try a reinstall.

bgbailey

Portal Member
October 11, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi Michael,

I uninstalled the Media Portal and then reinstalled.

The TV Server then showed up ok.

When I start TV Server I get a message that psisdecd.dll is too buggy and I should read the requirements. Where is the version I should have mentioned in the requirements?

I was able to scan the channels using the FreeView connection

What channels should I see for FreeView?

When I run Media Portal and look at My TV and Channels, I can see a list of channels, I think they are only Sky channels though.

If I choose a Sky channel I get the message, "Unable to start timeshifting No Free card available"; This is right because I'm not capturing it through my sky decoder?

When I have a Channel selected (C4) should I see it playing in the screen on my PC?

Chhers
bernard

Hi Team,

How do I get the Media Portal summary system detail as listed under many of the forum responses?

I also got a remote with My SkayStar 2. Does anyone know what I have to do to make it work on my PC?

Cheers
Bernard

bgbailey

Portal Member
October 11, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Many thanks Michael

I now have the psis error gone.

When I view the wiki, I can only see up to the point of "Next up click over to the "Scanning" tab and click "Scan for channels" " line and one image after that.

When I scan for channels, the bar under the signal quality goes green, but nothing else comes up.

Should I be seeing something here?

Cheers
bernard

mickypnz

Portal Member
November 13, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Does anything happen in the "status" box? It should scan through searching for the various channels. Does your system freeze at this point? It can take some time.. But it should say something one way or another.

Is everything configured correctly on the LNB setup tab? This requires you to figure out what type of LNB you have.

Michael

Also - check under the "TV Channels" heading on the right hand side to make sure that it hasn't scanned the channels and picked them up. It is under this option that you would see them.

bgbailey

Portal Member
October 11, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi Michael,

I'm out of town now for the next three days, so I'll pick up this when I get back.

Many thanks again for your help

Cheers
Bernard

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
EPG Data problem

I'm still not getting any EPG data for Freeview channels 6, 7 and TVNZ Sport (TVNZ Sport was probably missing before but I hadn't scrolled down enough to notice it). After searching the forum for ages I found out how to delete the EPG data* and did that, deleted these channels in TVServer, restarted, re-scanned for the channels and manually updated the EPG - no change :(

I haven't made any changes to my HTPC so I know it's nothing I've done. I even installed a ghost copy from a couple of months ago but that made no difference. It's very frustrating and the thing is if EPG data can disappear for these 3 channels it could vanish for the rest as well :mad:

Anyone got any ideas??? :confused:

* How to delete/clear the EPG in SQL Server:

Run SQL Server Management Studio, click <New Query>, type this:

DELETE FROM [TVLIBRARY].[DBO].[PROGRAM]

click <Execute!>

that's it.

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm still not getting any EPG data for Freeview channels 6, 7 and TVNZ Sport (TVNZ Sport was probably missing before but I hadn't scrolled down enough to notice it). After searching the forum for ages I found out how to delete the EPG data* and did that, deleted these channels in TVServer, restarted, re-scanned for the channels and manually updated the EPG - no change :(

I haven't made any changes to my HTPC so I know it's nothing I've done. I even installed a ghost copy from a couple of months ago but that made no difference. It's very frustrating and the thing is if EPG data can disappear for these 3 channels it could vanish for the rest as well :mad:

Anyone got any ideas??? :confused:

* How to delete/clear the EPG in SQL Server:

Run SQL Server Management Studio, click <New Query>, type this:

DELETE FROM [TVLIBRARY].[DBO].[PROGRAM]

click <Execute!>

that's it.

WHat does your SQL Database show entry wise for EPG data?

SELECT * FROM [TVLIBRARY].[DBO].[PROGRAM]

click <Execute!>

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    WHat does your SQL Database show entry wise for EPG data?

SELECT * FROM [TVLIBRARY].[DBO].[PROGRAM]

click <Execute!>

EPG info is as per this zip file (thanks for telling me how to find it!) Does that tell you anything? Looks like the info for channels 6, 7 & TVNZ Sport isn't there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom