Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (6 Viewers)

Biggles69

Portal Member
April 7, 2008
Nelson
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I thinks its more to do with the freeview epg - cause i'm not running rc3 and the problems gone away since daylight savings.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I gave up on trying to get my EPG to work - I figured it was a TVServer problem and since that meant re-installing TVServer I decided to go the whole hog and install MP 1.0 RC3 (+TVServer) - and it's great!! Even without a "proper" widescreen skin :D

handya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    unless i am mistaken, i have been doing it since launch of freeview hd, i have a "backend" server with rc1 running and then a frontend client running in another room, connected with 100meg ethernet

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    unless i am mistaken, i have been doing it since launch of freeview hd, i have a "backend" server with rc1 running and then a frontend client running in another room, connected with 100meg ethernet

Interesting . . .

I can stream SD from Satellite card fine but have no luck for DVB-T streams. Any idea how much bandwidth an HD stream is using?

eXDee

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can stream Freeview HD as far as i can remember to other PC's. Works okay with 2 at once over 100meg.

amphibem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

handya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Interesting . . .

I can stream SD from Satellite card fine but have no luck for DVB-T streams. Any idea how much bandwidth an HD stream is using?

i think it only uses 10mbit, not much, i might be your front end cant handle it, you may need to get a graphics card that can decode h.264, what are your specs?

littlematt

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Interesting . . .

i think it only uses 10mbit, not much, i might be your front end cant handle it, you may need to get a graphics card that can decode h.264, what are your specs?

Yah you might need to up spec your client a bit. To play HD you need a decent hardware decoder or CPU, even on the client side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom