Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (5 Viewers)

gperkinson

Portal Pro
October 28, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi Metalla_NZ,

Thanks for your note.

I will try your option of updating the EPG outside the hour - easy enough to test tonight .... and I have had a hard day at work :eek: I will soon know if it's affected a recording as I will set a recording for 6:30am and see if it's up and running in the morning.

I have seen the forum on MVID's and there was a lot of problem posts, but great to know you have it working ..... I think I will make the leap :eek: One question, are you running MP Version 1 Final??

Once again, thanks for the note.

Regards

Graham

Hi Kiwijunglist,

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried Windows Task Scheduler before (I have Vista) which didn't work when running the xmlTVNZ "bat" file, however I set this up in the "Basic" option which I read in a forum is not linked with S3 sleep - you mention password for a user account and maybe this is the issue.

I think if I cannot get it working in Powerscheduler, I will look at this option .... and I know xmlTVNZ works, so I will stick with that to start with.

Thanks again for the reply.

Regards

Graham

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    when i had vista i had a lot of trouble getting a task to run, i had to mess around with runing as administrator and changing the privilidges for the mediaportal tvserver directory, uac settings and a lot of other things. i am very sure that you need a password for your windows login to schedule task.

I use mvids, it works with mediaportal 1.0 and indigo 2.4 skin. mvids is a very awesome plugin along with moving pictures & my tvseries. I only recently installed it, but it scanned my library of 100 music videos fairly quicky, then it automatically took a snapshot thumbnail from each music video @ 30 secounds. I have played about 5 music videos and it hasn't crashed. The only extra thing i had to do was download a missing .dll file and place it in the same directory as ffmpeg. If you install as per the readme file you get an error saying missing *(&$(*%$.dll, do a google search download the .dll file and place in same directory as ffmpeg (i recommend mediaportal directory)

I think indigo 2.4 skin is good because it is setup for tvseries/movingpictures/mvids already. I did have to edit references.xml to change the skin version ID to 1.0.0.0 to remove a warning from mediaportal that the skin was outdated. (even tho apparently indigo 2.4 is written for MP 1.0.0.0)

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Kiwijunglist,

I know what you mean about Vista and all the security settings - a real pain in the ass. I have the Administrator login and password which I simply googled and you are right, sometimes I have to log on to this to make things work. I would certainly do this if I was going to setup a Windows Scheduled Task.

Great to know you are impressed with MVids and it works with MP 1.0!! Don't suppose you have a collection of 80's videos do you? Where did you get yours from? I'm currently recording C4 and cutting them up using Video Editor.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards

Graham

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I just came accros something that might work, it's a powerful plugin that replaces my-tv, basically does all the same things with a bit more power and uses a different method of waking up the computer from sleep for scheduled recordings. instead of using powerscheduler it uses windows built in wakeup thingee.

See here - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/record-1-3-2-released-47517/

And here - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/record-1-3-2-released-47517/index3.html#post321685

It's against MP forum rules to discuss downloading copyrighted content using emule or utorrent. I also have some recordings from C4, but i havn't bothered editing them because i was under the impression that the video editors for interlaced h264 .ts files were still sub-par.

The one thing I wish you could do with MP is record from the time buffer. eg. you are watching C4 and half way thru a music video (or a movie for that matter) you decide, "hey, i'd like to record this", unfortunately you can't rewind thru the time buffer and start recording, if you rewind and hit record it only records live tv, not buffered tv.

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

I think I will try and use the Windows Task Scheduler first as I'm happy with everything else in MP Client and Powerscheduler generally in terms of recordings - it's just the EPG Grab which stuffs things up - I have proved this by re-booting my machine every morning after the EPG download and it records as it should.

I'm using the Video Editor Plugin with "ts" file formats and it's working fine for me. The only issue is that sometimes the last frames on the cut freeze up in the My Videos playlist. I'm going to try the MVID's Plugin and see if it has the same issues. I have also tried re-cutting the end and it still has the issue, but might try cutting a bit more off and see. I can easily play the playlist and fast forward each clip to test which ones are failing - interestingly enough it is not every one.

Anyhow, being a Friday night, I might sit and play with MP tonight with a glass of wine ..... once the misses has gone to bed :D

Graham

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Graham and all

Hi Kiwijunglist,

I know what you mean about Vista and all the security settings - a real pain in the ass. I have the Administrator login and password which I simply googled and you are right, sometimes I have to log on to this to make things work. I would certainly do this if I was going to setup a Windows Scheduled Task.

Great to know you are impressed with MVids and it works with MP 1.0!! Don't suppose you have a collection of 80's videos do you? Where did you get yours from? I'm currently recording C4 and cutting them up using Video Editor.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards

Graham

I got around a lot of that adminstrator stuff / logging by a) leaving me logged in and b) keeping all the xmlTVNZ files in the public folder and c) letting scheduler run with the option of "only run when logged in" ticked. This has worked flawlessly for months now and I get a full download of all channels etc. Some of the guy talk of using a satelite grab for some channels and others using xlmtv etc

Hope that helps:D

Neville

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
    June 19, 2007
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Im using 1.0 with the latest mvids, no problems.

Im using streamedmp too, and there is a problem with the skin file in the default download, but has been fixed elsewhere in the forum, but no issue if our not using streamedmp.

In terms of the end getting all messed up... Try playing in vlc external of MP see how it goes, load a few up in plalist. VLC also lets ou know of some errors in the files and repairs them... not sure if this is true of .ts files though...

Try converting one to an avi or mpeg too....could solve the issue... and will help in terms of space....

In terms of for the record--- great program, however if your problems are with the grabber it wont help, as it uses the same xml file that MP would use. If however it is the scheduler causing problems it ma fix them... It creates its own schedules based on rules ou give it... and then puts that schedule into MP as far as I can tell... So if your machine isnt waking to record that ma not help, unless 4TR can wake it as well..

Failing that try MPstandby handler which has been known to fix some issues...

Ive got a few decent music videos.... Ive got most of them off friend... but 70gb's of video is hard to email :p

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    does xmltvnz not grab all the channels?
    i use mentalinc's epg grabber it grabs everything including sky and prime and freeview, and it's free.

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
    June 19, 2007
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It gets all the channels I need on Freeview HD, And certainl all the sky ones at my folks. As far as I know it gets them all.

XMLTVNZ is free.... Like comskip with h.264 is free.....

I havent tried metalinc's any good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom