Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (4 Viewers)

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah if you have dvb-s then you can jsut grab everything off the sat. You can use an "epg only" mapping for sky channels.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    does the same thing, i originally tried xmltvnz and it wasn't working so i tried mentalinc's one and it worked for me. i think they basically do the same thing.

does xmltvnz have epg data for the chinese freeview channel (?cctv8?)

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
    June 19, 2007
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Last time I looked... no

But I never watch it so havent bothered to check lately. It might its just a matter of getting the switch to put in the comman dine

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah if you have dvb-s then you can jsut grab everything off the sat. You can use an "epg only" mapping for sky channels.

I prefer the DVB-S method of EPG grabbing but last time I tried to get ForTheRecord to work the results weren't good - the preferred EPG method for FTR is xmltv.

I'm going to have another go at getting FTR running soon - hopefully I'll have more luck the second time around :rolleyes:

daronb

Portal Member
    January 4, 2009
    Home Country
    After 2 weeks of setting up the card and tweaking it I had a burglary and the *ssholes stole my Media Centre ! Gutted. They also stole the only backup I have of 2 years of pix and videos of my daughter.

Insurance and start again....

Omen

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    After 2 weeks of setting up the card and tweaking it I had a burglary and the *ssholes stole my Media Centre ! Gutted. They also stole the only backup I have of 2 years of pix and videos of my daughter.

Insurance and start again....

that happened to me last february, i tried being honest with my insurance company and ended up being 2 grand out of pocket, do your damndest to over claim back.

your media pc was clearly a bleeding edge computer man ;)

sucks about the photos though, i've always made a point to email them to my gmail accounts.

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Kiwijunglist,

Good news :cool:

All my sleep issues have been resolved by moving the EPG grab (xmlTVNZ.bat) from Powerscheduler to Windows Task Scheduler. This makes sense as it was always my suspician that Windows was shutting down the EPG Grab task early before the machine could properly go to sleep. All my recordings have worked flawlessly now for 3 days ;) I also found my machine a bit unstable previously as well after the EPG Grab e.g. no sound, delayed picture etc, but it's never been better!!

I also made the leap to MVids which I got up and runnning without too many hasstles, but you are right, it still uses the same playlist options as My Videos, so I'm still going to have the issue of it freezing sometimes on the last frame. I wonder how I can stop this in Video Editor - might drop something on the forum about it.

Thanks for your help by the way - appreciated.

Oh - where do you get your music videos from (sorry if you have already answered this)

Regards

Graham

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    not allowed to talk about file sharing on the forum. i dont use youtube, but there are lots of youtube video downloaders for firefox.

TheAddict

Portal Member
    February 2, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi all, referd to this thread by mcraenz (thankyou), and i do apologize for the "double post in the forum" but:

have just picked up a Hauppauge HVR-3000 and am trying to get all NZ freeview channels via Satellite,

After insatling Media Portal, and scanning chennels i can pick up most of the NZ FTA channels (bar TVNZ Sprot Extra - Which was my whole reason for going through this) but neways, i can preview the channel of choice in TV-Server Config, but when in Medial Portal itself i cannot view the chennels? i can scroll throught the list of chennels i have selected (tickbox'd) in the tv server config, but when i click on the channel i want to view nothing comes up in the box.

any mediaportal gurus please i need help .. will post whatever screenines you need.. if you need them

thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom