Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (6 Viewers)

Neville

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi
the file wouldn't import properly, it's not an issue of mappings.
that script sounds cool.
does reven's xmltvnz grab the chinese freeview channel?
I have never had a moments problem with Reven's software although I think you haveto donate togethe decent version that works. Certain chinese TV is on his list for channels so I presume that is can get this. I have not tried.

Anyone know how to get the BBC data for TV1 via Reven's XMLTVNZ software - sound useful to me!

I haven't tried it myself but did you go into TV Config / XMLTV plugin and change the Mappings?

The only hassle for me changing to this xml file is the BBC World programs are missing for TV1 in the early hours of the morning. I record "Click" every week which can be very interesting, and some other bits and pieces.

On my request, the guy that does the Index of /epg wrote some script to read the Sky listings for BBC World to insert into the TV1 listing. It is very useful for me.

Thanks in advance

regards
Neville

captcol

Portal Pro
June 27, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
mcraenz, I was going to talk to you about the sky thing at some time I saw it posted somewhere else and asked a few questions but with little answers forthcoming.

Do you have any links to info?

Neville

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi all very quick question
Any problems with MP1.02 before I do an upgrade and run the risk of wife prolems! Anything to watch out for or "issues" that anyone knows of? :eek:
I have dvb t freeview TV and analoge for prime, using moving pictures and of course bleazle wide. I use message plugin with eventghost to run my Hauppauge remote.:D

captcol

Portal Pro
June 27, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
no majors, I am having a hard disc starting to fail but that is unrelated

Edit: after reading the below, i now remember that I had issues that just meant a reinstall of mp but there was no permanent damage done, no settings lost etc

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
...Any problems with MP1.02 before I do an upgrade and run the risk of wife prolems! Anything to watch out for or "issues" that anyone knows of? :eek:...

The only problem I had was the with getting the TVServer up and running (and I wasn't the only one:( ) but that was easy enough to get sorted.

... and of course bleazle wide...

You'll be able to change to V7 once you upgrade MP :)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    As I mentioned several emails ago, I had to go back to 1.0 after trying 1.02 for 24 hours. It wasn't handling properly my HVR-2200 hybrid tuners when dealing with analog stations (Prime). It would hang one of the tuners causing all sorts of problems.

I also had an an issue in 1.01 and 1.02 where a program would not delete after I watched it. I tried everything including restarting the PC, but eventually had to delete it from the folder using Windows.

But others don't seem to be having these problems so you may not either.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    2 points re: sky:
    -Yes you can use a card reader and legally watch sky via dvb-s there is tons of info on geeksone.
    -if you have dvb-s you can get epg data from sky transponders, it's not encrypted, use the "epg only" mapping option. Why strugle on with XML files?? :D

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i also had trouble with MP1.0.2 (1080i TV) went back to MP 1.0
    alternative epg grabber for mediaportal is mentalinc's epg grabber, i think it maybe easier to setup than reven's and it's free.

captcol

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Cheers Mcraenz,

I will head over there, and now to see if I can get sky to just send me the card and not the decoder definately be an easier way of doing things rather than blasting a stb, especially as I am hoping to seperate my system into a proper server client setup with the server in the office

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom