Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (11 Viewers)

davidmnz

Portal Member
June 1, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I also had the problem with not being able to delete files after 1.0.2 upgrade. Found a fix in the forum: Turn off (uncheck) thumbnailing.

shacknasty

Portal Pro
July 14, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
sooo do dvb-t .ts files work with comskip? and is it possible to use comskip to lower the volume on tv during ad's when watching live tv? always far too loud!

havnt used it since pre dvb-t

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just a quick question on the DVB-S Channels currently available.

I had to delete my groups and do a rescan to sort out the channel numbering after the 1.0.2 upgrade.

NOw, when I rescan the channels I get the standard list of channels plus TV ONE (1), TV ONE (2) and another TV ONE (1). TV ONE (2) lists the Provider as Television New Zealand Ltd, as opposed to Television New Zealand for the others. TV NZ Sport is also missing.

Any ideas to what on earth is going wrong?

Im using the standard Freeview INI as listed in the Wiki as well as the settings listed in the Wiki, which has been working fine for the last year.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry to butt in, but I've got a good question too :D

The fan on my crappy old 128 MB graphics card has died and I couldn't get a replacement so I've bought a new card which I'm going to install this weekend. Can I just pull the old card out, put the new card in, and then run the installation CD, or do I have to uninstall the drivers etc for the old card?

Any advice would be appreciated :)

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

I had to delete my groups and do a rescan to sort out the channel numbering after the 1.0.2 upgrade.

NOw, when I rescan the channels I get the standard list of channels plus TV ONE (1), TV ONE (2) and another TV ONE (1). TV ONE (2) lists the Provider as Television New Zealand Ltd, as opposed to Television New Zealand for the others. TV NZ Sport is also missing.

Im using the standard Freeview INI as listed in the Wiki as well as the settings listed in the Wiki, which has been working fine for the last year.

Found this on the Freeview website:
    TVNZ Sport Extra
    TVNZ will no longer be transmitting TVNZ Sport Extra on the Freeview satellite platform. Freeview is an open access broadcast platform. It is up to individual broadcasters whether they broadcast their channels on Freeview satellite and/or Freeview|HD. Please consult TVNZ if you have any further questions.

meesham

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 15, 2009
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry to butt in, but I've got a good question too :D

The fan on my crappy old 128 MB graphics card has died and I couldn't get a replacement so I've bought a new card which I'm going to install this weekend. Can I just pull the old card out, put the new card in, and then run the installation CD, or do I have to uninstall the drivers etc for the old card?

Any advice would be appreciated :)

It depends, if both cards are from the same manufacturer (both nvidia or ati) you should just be able to replace it and then install the latest drivers over the top.

If you want to play it safe, you could run Guru3d's driver sweeper first: Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

If they're different then I'd definitely run the driver sweeper first.

captcol

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Personally I would run driver sweeper regardless, infact nvidia or guru 3d reccomend you do that before upgrading drivers even. May or may not make a difference but definately easier than trying to fix a borked vid driver install

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'd go a ghost of my install.
    Then google driver cleaner.
    I think best way is to reboot in safe mode then uninstall the drivers
    then reboot in safe mode and run driver cleaner or similar (as admin)
    then switch off computer
    then install new card/remove old card
    then install new drivers

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Found this on the Freeview website:
    TVNZ Sport Extra
    TVNZ will no longer be transmitting TVNZ Sport Extra on the Freeview satellite platform. Freeview is an open access broadcast platform. It is up to individual broadcasters whether they broadcast their channels on Freeview satellite and/or Freeview|HD. Please consult TVNZ if you have any further questions.

For those that wish to regionalise their viewing experience:

The mapping of SID to region is as follows for 12483H

SID Region
    1035 Auckland + All FTA
    1908 Waikato
    1909 Wellington + Central
    1910 Christchurch + Dunedin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom