Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (6 Viewers)

eXDee

Portal Pro
February 20, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
CaptCol,

Thanks for responding,

I just got http://www.tinyurl.com/xmltvnzfreeview working fine, but it doesnt have Prime on it.

Where do I connect getlistings.bat to start the process in MP?
Cheers
Bernard

I simply made a tinyurl because the long string didnt seem to work. Heres the same one but with prime added to it:
http://tinyurl.com/xmltvnzfreeviewprime
There are problems in the XML file format from xmltv.co.nz - it has issues with the &; within the xml text for some channels - hence it breaks......

Nice icons for all the kiwichannels available from there as well....

Looks promising if this is fixed....
Flick him an email and let him know, and it may be fixed.

Neville

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
...Any problems with MP1.02 before I do an upgrade and run the risk of wife prolems! Anything to watch out for or "issues" that anyone knows of? :eek:...

The only problem I had was the with getting the TVServer up and running (and I wasn't the only one:( ) but that was easy enough to get sorted.

... and of course bleazle wide...

You'll be able to change to V7 once you upgrade MP :)
And BleazleWide V7 looks great! :D Just one question re epg description size on main screen - will post on the correct forum;)
Every thing else seems sweet and wife should be happy- did a complete reinstall for the ground up and had no problems....:D:D

I note that if the network connection is gone the multiseat installation looses the TV server (on same computer.... weird). I only notice this as my home DSL connection is dead and am connecting with vodem (woe is me!)
:mad:
thanks for comments eralier
Neville

philster

Portal Member
March 16, 2006
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
DVB-T From Wellington - Infill (Fitzherbert)

To all those Wellington DVB-T users.

I have been getting Freeview via DVB-T from the Fitzherbert transmitter since August last year. After the storm last weekend, I no longer get a signal from that transmitter. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? I have done a visual check of the antenna on the roof and it looks ok and is still pointing in the right direction. I also tried rescanning and checked the connections I could.

Just trying to work out if I need to get on the roof (not easy) to check things out up there, or is it actually a problem with the transmitter.

Thanks
Philster

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I note that if the network connection is gone the multiseat installation looses the TV server (on same computer.... weird). I only notice this as my home DSL connection is dead and am connecting with vodem (woe is me!)
    :mad:

Look here - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/newcomers-forum-240/msloopback-device-singleseat-users-51028/

and here - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...singleseat-users-51028/index3.html#post421815

your welcome =) well hopefully that should fix your problem

Try 2nd option first bc it's just a registry setting so you can undo it easily if it doesn't help (must reboot to take effect)

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2005
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi all, wondering if this is my setup or a general problem.

I've selected to prefer AC3 audio in the MP TV settings so that i get the 5.1 sound that is recorded on some TV3 shows, e.g. House, CSI Miami etc. This has worked well until now.

I've just installed MP 1.0.2 using same settings, AC3 filter and PDVD8 codec (for H264). Now i find that the resume playback function does not work. This occurs is if i watch a bit of House, stop and then resume. MP asks me if i want to start from where i finished last time, i select yes but the video starts from the very beginning, weirdly the timeline at the top shows the time i wanted to resume at but the video actually starts from the start. If i then use skip steps say forward 30 secs it jumps to 30 secs past where i wanted to start!

This only occurs on recordings from TV3 with the ac3 audio. All other channels, movies etc are fine.

Does anyone else have this? I'd be grateful to know before i rip the system to bits (again)

********** Stand down! :) a reboot fixed it, ahh the joys of computing in the raw

eXDee

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I changed to FFDShow from AC3 filter, no idea if it makes a difference (it passes it through) but it prevents it running two audio decoders which i was having issues with.

mruane

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2006
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    To all those Wellington DVB-T users.

I have been getting Freeview via DVB-T from the Fitzherbert transmitter since August last year. After the storm last weekend, I no longer get a signal from that transmitter. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? I have done a visual check of the antenna on the roof and it looks ok and is still pointing in the right direction. I also tried rescanning and checked the connections I could.

Just trying to work out if I need to get on the roof (not easy) to check things out up there, or is it actually a problem with the transmitter.

Thanks
    Philster

All of the Fitzherbert signals look good to me today and have done all the weekend. You don't have an amplifier in the antenna cable that may have stopped working do you?

Cheers Mike

philster

Portal Member
    March 16, 2006
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    mruane;426722 All of the Fitzherbert signals look good to me today and have done all the weekend. You don't have an amplifier in the antenna cable that may have stopped working do you? Cheers Mike[/QUOTE said:
    Thanks Mike.

No I do not have an amplifier in the cable. I know someone else who gets DVB-T from Fitzherbert and he too is having problems. Initially he thought it was all OK, but on checking in the TV server setup under manual control he noticed that it was failing over to DVB-S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom