Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (5 Viewers)

ronjack

May 23, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
We are running two copies of MP both on Vista PC’s using UHF Terrestrial, bought all our stuff from Computer Lounge. We are based in Dunedin.

bopfrog

Portal Pro
August 20, 2008
Bay of Plenty
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Here's a weird one which I haven't found a previous forum for. I have been running MP for a while now, but all of a sudden the program guide is out by 12 hours e.g. apparently Spooks was on at 8.30 this morning! Stuffing up recordings - anyone else had this? Found a solution?

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Here's a weird one which I haven't found a previous forum for. I have been running MP for a while now, but all of a sudden the program guide is out by 12 hours e.g. apparently Spooks was on at 8.30 this morning! Stuffing up recordings - anyone else had this? Found a solution?
    HOw you getting the EPG? Satellite or XML
    What is your setup (using Multiseat ...?)

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

I had this after upgrade to MP1.02. I use xmlTVNZ which has worked flawlessly for a year or so. I had ticked "apply time zone compensation" in the XmlTV pluggin. This need to be changed 12 hours and fixed the problem. Not sure if this wa ticked before or not but works for me now.

Hope that helps:D
    Neville

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The Easiest Way to Access your HTPC online

Hi All,

I've just posted this on the ForTheRecord website & the BleazleWide thread but I figured I'd post it here too for those of you who don't follow either of those:

"...after spending hours and hours trying to access ForTheRecord over the Internet I gave up on it a few months ago :cry: My setup of HTPC-> Wireless router -> Modem made it impossible to connect to my HTPC, even after follwoing some very clear and straightforward tutorials with regard to bridging connections etc etc :( (just to be clear, ForTheRecord wasn't at fault here, it was all of the built in Firewalls etc making things unworkable!)

Anyway, today I decided to have another go at working this thing out and came across this great program: TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet - check the website out, it explains everything, but basically it allows you to access your HTPC (or any PC) from anywhere and best of all its free and only took me about two minutes to set up and that includes the download time! Really, it's that easy!

Having found this solution I wouldn't even bother trying to get around firewalls etc to set up online access to ForTheRecord - why bother when this piece of software gives you access to your whole computer? :)

enjoy,

Bleazle"

captcol

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    nice find,

any feedback on how it works. responsiveness etc, awhile ago i looked at logmein or something like that but it was just to slow to be of use especially with everything having to go through their webserver (my understanding of how it worked)

I will investigate this over the weekend, the issues for me would be responsiveness, what effect it has on tasks already taking place on the htpc and what state it leaves the htpc when you disconnect and in the short term can i sort something out to send a magic packet as atm my htpc is powered up 24/7 but sitting in hibernation (this is until i get the last of the hardware to build my home server and switch the tv server onto that machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom