Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (11 Viewers)

Neville

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Quick question for someone - I realise this is the wrong forum to post but you guys are so helpful;)

MP skin if fullscreen (Bleazle of course) and looks great on the big screen and is set to use the entire viewable area - 1920x1080 and all that
BUT when play fullscreen video or TV cannot get "fullscreen" ie there is a 1-2cm black box around the video. My work around is either to go and buy a bigger TV :p
OR zoom the TV itself (ie loose the extra bit/edge of the MP screens etc) to force the video to be bigger.

Has anyone had this/fixed this or any idea where to look for a solution??

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I run beazlewide v6.12 + MP 1.0 Final + 46" 1920x1080 LCD and i do not have this problem.
    Are you sure you are running 1920x1080 at same hz and res on both fullscreen and with MP menu

Perhaps you are refreshing the display when going to fullscreen (maybe bc of refresh rate changer)
    and then either your video card is jumping into an over/underscan problem or the tv is jumping out of 1:1 mapping or similar.

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I run beazlewide v6.12 + MP 1.0 Final + 46" 1920x1080 LCD and i do not have this problem.
    Are you sure you are running 1920x1080 at same hz and res on both fullscreen and with MP menu

Perhaps you are refreshing the display when going to fullscreen (maybe bc of refresh rate changer)
    and then either your video card is jumping into an over/underscan problem or the tv is jumping out of 1:1 mapping or similar.

Thanks for the sppedy reply!
    How do you check chage the res in "fullscreen and MP Menu"
    I have the screen in windows at 1920x1080 @50hz, MP menu at 50 hz. I am not aware of where I can change either res in MP itself - have I missed something in setup?

I have turned off refresh rate changer - I assume you "dynamic reshresh rate changer"?
    And the last bit :confused::confused::confused: - not sure what this is or how to check! Is there a wiki or something that I should read up?

Thanks again in advance

regards
    Neville:)
    Just realised that I ahve dual monitor system - I tried loading MP in other screen - problem gone! Now that res in 1680x1050
    When I change the big screen to lower res then problem again gone.

Now why does it do this and how do I get back to full res....if there much point?

chrisa_nz

Portal Member
    July 29, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I would check that your tv isnt under/overscanning and that you are actually getting 1:1 pixel mapping. 1:1 pixel mapping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you can test by going to Online Monitor test and viewing a monitor calibration screen (in the html window move the mouse to the top and click 1:1 pixel mapping.

If its not checkerbox black/white squares then either your video card and/or tv is scaling the picture. you will need to go into your tv's setup and hopefully find a setting to remove underscan. mine is under "setup" - "Picture Overscan - Off" on a 37" Full HD Panasonic.

once you have changed your tv then you will need to adjust your video cards under/overscan settings to match - mine is under "scaling options" in Catalyst control center (ATI card)

chris

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I would check that your tv isnt under/overscanning and that you are actually getting 1:1 pixel mapping. 1:1 pixel mapping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you can test by going to Online Monitor test and viewing a monitor calibration screen (in the html window move the mouse to the top and click 1:1 pixel mapping.

If its not checkerbox black/white squares then either your video card and/or tv is scaling the picture. you will need to go into your tv's setup and hopefully find a setting to remove underscan. mine is under "setup" - "Picture Overscan - Off" on a 37" Full HD Panasonic.

once you have changed your tv then you will need to adjust your video cards under/overscan settings to match - mine is under "scaling options" in Catalyst control center (ATI card)

chris

thanks for the help
    I looked at the TV manual again and realise that for cabling reasons am not using the "PC input" for HDMI but another - I suspect this will make the difference. the over/underscan thing does not seem to be an option to set.

Still I am fascinated that the MP menu gets "full screen" status and full screen video does not!

Will keep all posted...
    Neville

Biggles69

Portal Member
    April 7, 2008
    Nelson
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does any one have the ir codes for the old black sky decoder? i think its the 'Pace 600' I'm trying to set up a PVR150 to record sky & the download link in the mediaportal nz section doesn't work any more.

captcol

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Which programme are you using for the IR blasting, there was one that had a learn mode and could detect what was been sent, I can't remember if it was HIP or EventGhost, pretty sure it wasn't IRSuite

captcol

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    must get that ...

I am unsure about the hauppauge suite as I use the mce remote and the reciever can apparently recieve codes that the software can then report which can be entered into other software for blasting

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom