Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (6 Viewers)

Biggles69

Portal Member
April 7, 2008
Nelson
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand

Technicolour

Portal Pro
May 20, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I'm having problems with my codecs after having to update PowerDVD 8 to it's latest version in order to play back my blue ray discs. Problem is that after updating it has seemingly removed the h.264 codec from my system with the update which means I can either, un install and revert back to the orginal installation of PowerDVD that has the required codec and not be able to watch blu ray discs :/ or not watch tv.

Stupid PowerDVD

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Technicolour - Yeah that is common to latest build of pdvd 8 & 9, i use build 2217aU, you could try manually regsvr32-ing all the filters and see if that makes any difference. there is another thread on this in mediaportal forum if you search it out.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    unfortunately latest builds of pdvd dont allow 3rd party useage of h264 codec
    however i have read that pdvd8 and pdvd9 can co-exist on the same system
    leave current full version of pdvd8 as it is, latest build for playing bluray
    install pdvd9 trial, from memory i think you don't want to activate it.
    trial versions of pdvd9 allow 3rd party useage of the codec, and it doesn't expire.

NB - It may be that latest build of the trial doesn't allow 3rd party useage, but from reading on the forums there are some versions od pdvd9 trial that allow 3rd party useage of h264 codec.

Another solution is try PDVD8 2217aU i think it might do bluray

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...cyberlink-video-codec-has-dissappeared-58861/

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-ready-mpeg2-h-264-vc-1-a-44614/index135.html

PowerDVD9.1501D(Trial)_DVD081031-03.exe ???

captcol

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    A plea

Hey guys

Please on the off chance did anyone happen to record the 1nternational doco on Maori TV last night, it was different from what was advertised and it was a programme on a spanish family in NZ that my partner who teaches spanish has been waiting for it to appear for ages and just saw the last couple of minutes.

If you did happen to record it I shall cross your palm with silver if you could put it on a disc and post it to me, adds and all is fine.

Cheers

Colin

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey guys

Please on the off chance did anyone happen to record the 1nternational doco on Maori TV last night, it was different from what was advertised and it was a programme on a spanish family in NZ that my partner who teaches spanish has been waiting for it to appear for ages and just saw the last couple of minutes.

If you did happen to record it I shall cross your palm with silver if you could put it on a disc and post it to me, adds and all is fine.

Cheers

Colin

Hey! As it turns out I did! :) Bummer - wanted to see how those people made a living selling cardboard too... :mad: could be a handy skill to have soon...

Anyway, PM me with your adress details and I'll get a copy off to you. I'm pretty sure I'm going to win Big Wednesday tonight, so I won't need your money :D

Dave

captcol

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You sir are a god and have gained me many brownie points, I will be forever in your debt, pm sent

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey guys,

I'm sure this info is in this thread already somewhere but I just can't find it....

Do we have a "perfect" set of codec settings to make sure TV works perfectly in MP for New Zealand?

Would be keen to see what everyone has setup.

captcol

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Unfortunately codecs seem to be very hardware dependant, even to the point of your monitor, if you can give us more details as to what hardware you are using ppl with similar may be able to give you some better hints.

Are you using analogue or digital for tv, is it Satelite or terrestrial, what are you using for your sound, tv or dolby digital amp etc

I haven't spent much time on codecs with my system yet as the picture is watchable, when i get some time i will investigate further

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom