Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (5 Viewers)

Reg

Portal Pro
November 22, 2008
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
if TV3+1 works and TV3 doesn't then your system is probably struggling with 1080i (assuming you are using AAC for both, if using AC3 then that is a difference btwn the channels too ie. TV3 = AC3 or AAC, TV3+1 = AAC only)

Ok so where are these AAC / AC3 settings to be adjusted? I have looked in TV server config and MP config and cant seem to find them. The only thing I found was what codecs these things use.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Reg -

(1) MP Configuration (advanced mode) -> TV Settings -> Prefer AC3 = yes / no

(2) Mediaportal program -> Viewing Freeview HD TV3 (Full screen) -> Load context menu (Right click on screen) -> Choose "Language/Audio" -> AC3 vs AAC

I reckon it's probably not related to AC3, i reckon that your system is to underpowered to handle 1080i.
    - Your CPU is probably to slow to software decode 1080i signal on TV3, even with coreavc i think your cpu is too slow
    - I think your video card probably doesn't support hardware acceleration (DXVA/UVD)

TV3 is the only channel with 1080i which requires a lot more grunt to decode.

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Reg -

(1) MP Configuration (advanced mode) -> TV Settings -> Prefer AC3 = yes / no

(2) Mediaportal program -> Viewing Freeview HD TV3 (Full screen) -> Load context menu (Right click on screen) -> Choose "Language/Audio" -> AC3 vs AAC

I reckon it's probably not related to AC3, i reckon that your system is to underpowered to handle 1080i.
    - Your CPU is probably to slow to software decode 1080i signal on TV3, even with coreavc i think your cpu is too slow
    - I think your video card probably doesn't support hardware acceleration (DXVA/UVD)

TV3 is the only channel with 1080i which requires a lot more grunt to decode.

Ok well I found those settings and have tried both AAC and AC3 settings and it makes no difference to the sync problem on TV3. The only noticeable difference is that when AC3 is selected the volume is louder.

My processor is a 3.2gig dual core processor and the Graphics card is a ATI radeon. I dont fully understand about hardware acceleration, but I tried TV3 in Power Cinema and TV3 works just fine in that. So surely that would indicate that the hardware is actually fine and that it is a Media Portal problem. I also never had this problem with earlier versions of Media Portal.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well MP1.0.1/1.0.2 have slighty higher hardware requirements cf 1.0 Final.
    Your 3.2Ghz Dual core CPU is underpowered for software decoding of H264 1080i in MP. (I have 4600 Dual core, and that is borderline for 1080i software decoding in MP)
    Your video card seems to support DXVA/Hardware Acceleration. To use DXVA you must use PDVD or another DXVA compliant h264 decoder (conpatible with .ts reader) with VMR9 renderer (For XP, EVR for Vista) and no post processing if you want DXVA. Their are lots of post on Geekzone: technology news, blogs, forums and this forum about this.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    A few weeks ago I read a thread that mentioned some change that had been made between MP 1.0 and 1.02 which requires more video hardware accelerator processing. An ATI Radeon HD3200 running at 500Mhz could be borderline. I have overclocked my HD3200 clock to 600Mhz in the CMOS with no problems at all.

But I went back to MP 1.0 for other reasons. I had major problems with 1.02 trying to watch Prime analog.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    rlevis, actually overclocking the HT (If you have dual core 1000Mhz HT) has more effect than overclocking the core if you are not using sideport memory, as the HT access to the memory is the limiting factor. I run the Core at 600 Mhz and the HT at 1375 Mhz, it runs pretty hot despite a fan on the NB, runs about 80C if using it for a long time. I plan to upgrade to HD4670 sometime soon.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    My HTPC has a Phenom processor with a 1800Mhz HT, so perhaps that is why I didn't notice any issues with MP 1.02 with TV3.

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey y'all,

just wondering what url's people are using for their 'Weather' - ie, Satellite image, Temperature image, UV Index, Winds, Humidity, & Precipitation images? I'm having a heck of a time trying to source these; tried weather.com as well as various NZ sites such as the Metservice and boating.co.nz - I'm not having any luck. Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Christchurch weather video - mms://ac1.streaming.net.nz/metservice/christchurch_hi.wmv

NZ Sattelite - http://images.tvnz.co.nz/weather/interweb/data/satellite.jpg
    satellite.jpg

NZ Weather analysis - http://images.tvnz.co.nz/weather/interweb/data/analysis.gif
    analysis.gif

Sat Pic - http://satellite.landcareresearch.co.nz/noaa-db/lcr_latest.jpg
    lcr_latest.jpg

Another one - http://images.intellicast.com/WxImages/CurrentConditions/nzeal.jpg
    nzeal.jpg

And another - http://i.imwx.com/images/sat/new_zealsat_720x486.jpg
    new_zealsat_720x486.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom