Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (6 Viewers)

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
July 30, 2006
just a heads up for waikato BOP MPers.. on the freeview site there's the following announcement:
"Announcement from MED (Ministry of Economic Development): Freeview|HD® (via UHF aerial) viewers in the BAY OF PLENTY or WAIKATO region - there is a planned outage of up to 6 hours on Tues 8 May between 00:01 and 06:00. You will need to retune your Freeview|HD digital TV, Freeview|HD digital receiver or Myfreeview|HD recorder after this outage. For retune instructions, please visit www.retune.co.nz or call 0508 336 633."
more info at:
http://www.rsm.govt.nz/cms/policy-a...l-terrestrial-television-frequency-restacking

bummer... more retuning.. I suspect that may bugger up my EPG grabber too :-(

Yep EPG Grabber has stopped. What freq does it need now for Te Aroha??

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    not in a position to test mine (can't stop the mrs watching shortie st!), but the channels seem all okay so far so it may have been a coincidental glitch for rotorua...

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    Ok, in the files for the epg grabber I edited the Waikato - Te Aroha XML file and changed one of the frequencies to 562000. Rescanned and all is looking good.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah, I did the same, edited the xml file and working again.

On a slightly different subject, perhaps best asked on Geekzone, but anyway. I want to also grab the EPG for BBC World from SKY via satellite. I don't have SKY but I currently have an automated download of a SKY EPG xml file and merge it with the freeview epg for when TV1 relays BBC World overnight. I wrote some software to do the merge. I thought I may as well change to grabbing it directly if possible. I managed to get it working but it only grabs the current and next program that is on air. It doesn't give me a week. I didn't really know what I was doing, but I selected EIT and a frequency it gave me as default.

What am I doing wrong or is this not possible?

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok, in the files for the epg grabber I edited the Waikato - Te Aroha XML file and changed one of the frequencies to 562000. Rescanned and all is looking good.
    from Geekzone:

Behodar: 562, 578 and 594 MHz if you're on Te Aroha, otherwise 570, 586 and 602.​

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah, I did the same, edited the xml file and working again.

On a slightly different subject, perhaps best asked on Geekzone, but anyway. I want to also grab the EPG for BBC World from SKY via satellite. I don't have SKY but I currently have an automated download of a SKY EPG xml file and merge it with the freeview epg for when TV1 relays BBC World overnight. I wrote some software to do the merge. I thought I may as well change to grabbing it directly if possible. I managed to get it working but it only grabs the current and next program that is on air. It doesn't give me a week. I didn't really know what I was doing, but I selected EIT and a frequency it gave me as default.

What am I doing wrong or is this not possible?

Hi Rlevis

Did you get this working in the end? I take it you are getting BBC World from Intelsat 5 and want the EPG?

I too was doing this and I used the WebEPG plugin in the TV Server Configuration. It can be used just for this channel and in conjunction with other methods. It's east to set up and the EPG for the BBC World service is avaliable from most countries websites listed as default within the plugin.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've only got dual LNB's in a 90cm dish pointing to Optus D1. I can only get BBC World in the early hours of the morning from TV1. What I'm doing is merging the BBC World EPG with the 4 or 5 hour TV1 broadcast, and recording some shows like Click. Would be nice to access Intelsat 5 but I'm not sure a 90cm dish pointing to D1 will do it, or will it? 9 degree difference. Could replace one LNB if it was posisble. Nothing worth viewing anywhere else now that I'm aware of.

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have a dedicated 90cm dish with a C-Band LNB for BBC World off Intelsat 5. I also get the Australia Network which has some ok stuff on it. I'd recommend getting a dedicated dish as the one pointed at Optus D1 will not do it.

Have you had any success at merging the EPG? Sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure how successful you might be.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I found this page a few hours ago.
    http://www.freeviewshop.co.nz/forum/index.php?topic=878.0;nowap
    which suggests it is possible using the same dish. I think it is suggesting aiming the dish directly at IntelSat5 and use less of the dish capture area for D1 as it's a stronger.signal. I'm thinking it will reduce the D1 signal to what you might get with a 70cm dish, but that's fine.

I already merge BBC World now but I download the Sky EPG off the internet, which may not be available forever, so I would like to get it directly from the satellite if posisble. I haven't worked out how to do that with EPG Grabber. I only get the current and next program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom