Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (2 Viewers)

tm19

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2015
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Where is the tuning for NZ?

I'm redoing my MP setup - something I've been dreading for a year or two, and that dread is now looking justified.

I started from scratch with fresh OS install, etc. Thought I might try MP2 this time around. But when I try to set up the tuners, there is no option for New Zealand. I know the files are there in the tuningparameters folder, but all I get on the drop down scanning list is Brazil, Austria and some other European countries. I thought this might be an MP2 problem, so I scrapped that installation and tried MP1. Same problem. All the tuners are there as they should be. How do I get it to show New Zealand? Anyone seen this before?

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

tm19

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2015
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The download link for tvxml.dtd is broken. I googled it and saved the first result as my dtd.

The download link for update.bat is broken.

Could someone post the lines from the update.zip file here? Like Crabbey I saved an xmltv.dtd page from off the web. If the code for update.zip were here, then maybe we could fix the wiki page.

Thanks!

rb99

Portal Member
    December 18, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

Am trying to get all NZ satellite channels to play in the TVServer Preview pane using a dvb-s pci-e card. They seem to be set up OK and all show in the channel list, but as far as I can tell only the ones on 12483MHz actually play (it did find the other channels when scanning). Also while scanning I saw that the Level stayed at 0% but Quality was at 100%. I have other software that plays all these channels fine so presume it isn't a hardware thing.

Thanks very much.

ArnoldGoat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Lyttelton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Have a look here for the channels you can get on the Optus D1 satellite, and which ones are free. I have a 2-channel tuner. You used to be able to get all the free ones by tuning just 12456 and 12483, but now Prime is only on 12519 so you can't get them all without conflict from only 2 transponders. I don't know why you can't preview channels other than on 12483. Are you trying encrypted channels? Are you scanning with the right fec rate (3/4) and symbol rate (22500)? Does the other software that works use the same PCI-E card? Try scanning just one transponder via 'advanced tuning options'.

rb99

Portal Member
    December 18, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks, I've seen the Lyngsat thing. I'll try just scanning 12456 and see what happens.

I did originally have some incorrect settings on the initial scan (had a symbol rate of 22000 and I think a LNB of c-band instead of universal or something like that). I rescanned using universal and rescanned again using universal and 22500 and it still just played the 12483 ones. Still think its weird that it found them but doesn't play them but I shall try your suggestions.

ArnoldGoat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Lyttelton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The fact that it found them but can't play probably means it can't decode what it found, which points to settings. LNB i/f? Symbol rate? Those 2 are not the defaults. Polarisation?

I just did preview, which worked. If you like, I can do a rescan and see if it works after that.

rb99

Portal Member
    December 18, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the hints. Fixed it now. Don't think I had the right combination of stuff - I saw the symbol rate was wrong, so I set it to single transponder and changed it to 22500, but I left the Frequency on 10744000 as i thought that was a starting frequency and it would do all the others from there, so the only time I scanned it at 22500 it was at that frequency only. So now I've done it at 12456 and 12519 and all is hunky dory.

Thanks very much for the help (insert smiley face here).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom