Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (2 Viewers)

NZ780G

September 10, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi, I've just setup MediaPortal 1.0.2 with catalyst 8.7 with powerDVD 9 on vista x86, with HA working (a 780g based mobo). Works alright (but not great a little glitching on screen), also is it worth upgrading to 1.1.0 beta 1 with a 780g chipset?

I was just wondering what the latest version of catalyst is that we can use that still gives HA for freeview|HD (mostly for TV3), or is 8.7 it?

Cheers

Not really. If you have a stable working setup wait for MP1.1 Final. Resist the urge to tinker if nothing is broken.

Typical I've started tweaking because of that glitch with screen flicker but now its not as good (upgraded to catalyst 9.4) but the flickers gone so I guess I'll leave it a 9.4 till 1.1 comes out.
Thanks for the advice kiwijunglist

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Asus EeeTop PC ET2002T

Just added this to my shopping list - if they were available I'd be unwrapping it right now...

"The new ASUS EeeTop PC ET20/22 Series is a range of touch-enabled, all-in-one PCs that provides users with the fundamentals of everyday computing and multimedia entertainment in an elegant space-saving design."

P_500.jpg

More info here...

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

I can already see it on my wall in the kitchen/dining area :D Thanks to my wireless-N network and the touchscreen* the only wiring I'd have to do is plug in the power :)

*I've just started work on BleazleTouch - which will be a skin designed specifically for use on touchscreens...

bleazle-albums-temporary-picture467-preview.png

captcol

Portal Pro
June 27, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Has anyone else had the mce remote double button push issue suddenly reappear. I decided to do some updates and messing around and apart from completely borking my system by trying to change MP to be the shell now I have the double push back from when i first started playing with non mce media systems.

I am using a mce remote with vista ultimate and IR Server Suite and I know this has happened before, and I know it can be fixed but for the life of me I can't find it anywhere

FIXED: installed new version of IRSS 1.42 test build and all sorted

Anyone else had their win7 install stall at the expanding files whoofah?

dale77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2009
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, I've just setup MediaPortal 1.0.2 with catalyst 8.7 with powerDVD 9 on vista x86, with HA working (a 780g based mobo). Works alright (but not great a little glitching on screen), also is it worth upgrading to 1.1.0 beta 1 with a 780g chipset?

I was just wondering what the latest version of catalyst is that we can use that still gives HA for freeview|HD (mostly for TV3), or is 8.7 it?

Cheers

Funny thought, that things would go backwards in newer software versions. But then, I suppose Mediaportal 1.0->1.01 is one of those two steps forward, one back sort of things.

But back to the point, I run Catalyst 9.8 on my 780G. Seems to work fine.

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Showtimes Plugin

I just installed the Showtimes plugin and it doesnt seem to be able to find any Christchurch Movie Theatres. Is it meant to? It finds Auckland and Wellington?

BTW who else here uses Media Portal and lives in Christchurch?:D

A Frater

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Brisbane,Australia
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I just installed the Showtimes plugin and it doesnt seem to be able to find any Christchurch Movie Theatres. Is it meant to? It finds Auckland and Wellington?

BTW who else here uses Media Portal and lives in Christchurch?:D
    I have ShowTimes installed and had to do search under Canterbury. I could not get the plugin to download the info though keep timing out

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom