Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (4 Viewers)

captcol

Portal Pro
June 27, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Would that have something to do with the different mux's for tv3?

Nato

Portal Pro
April 18, 2006
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
has anyone tried mp 1.1.0 Rc5 and has a Hauppauge Nova T-500 ? Whats the channel change speed like and also the Tv start up time like ? as previous version of 1.1.0 (well all really) was tooooooo slooooooow had to go back to 1.0.2 stable.

Reg

Portal Pro
November 22, 2008
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
has anyone tried mp 1.1.0 Rc5 and has a Hauppauge Nova T-500 ? Whats the channel change speed like and also the Tv start up time like ? as previous version of 1.1.0 (well all really) was tooooooo slooooooow had to go back to 1.0.2 stable.

Hello Nato

Yes I still have a Nova T-500 and I upgraded from RC4 yesterday and it seems to be running very well. The channel change speed is very fast compared to RC4 and the start up is faster too, but still not what I would call instant. Not that it worries me as I record almost everything I watch as I hate adds.

I also have a PCIe card now .... the HVR2200, but the Nova T-500 is set as highest priority card so I assume when I did try out live TV it was the Nova T doing the work as nothing else was recording at the time.

I am also running For The Record and everything seems to be recording and playing back well.

plotto

Portal Member
October 4, 2007
AKL
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have the T 500 Running, I found under 1.1 it was only slightly lagging when you first turned the tuner on, after that it was pretty quick. What driver are you using?

Nato

Portal Pro
April 18, 2006
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Was using Nova-T-500_4_3_25080_WHQL just downloaded Nova-T-500_4_3_27240_WHQ but do not have MP 1.1.0 RC5 installed yet still on 1.0.2 but will give it a go in the next few days.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Something that bugs me about MP....

Codecs!

Why is it that I can play a file using Power DVD (in this case I'm talking about an MP4 file) and even though Power DVD is set as the codec for every option it can be selected for in MP Config the same file won't play when opened via MP?:mad: This really bugs the crap out of me :mad:

OK, I could try to follow the instructions in the "online videos" thread but why do I have to go through all that? The file plays on my computer, just not through MP. Aaaarrghhh!

Has anyone got any ideas/pointers that doesn't involve installing every codec under the sun? I guess I could install a K-lite codec pack but I know that's not really the recommended option (right?). Is there a codec which will play the MP4 format via MP, and if there is once it's installed where do I set it as the codec of choice (and will this effect my ability to play everything else which is working at the moment?...)

Any advice would be appreciated :D

Cheers.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    My advice, put them in a mkv, then as long as you have haali or preferably matroskasplitter.ax from the MPC-HC standalone filters, should play fine.

Also prefer the mpcvideodec.ax for playback, with other codecs I get a glitch every 40 seconds with 23.976fps 1080 material.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the info - a couple of questions:

My advice, put them in a mkv...

You mean convert them to .mkv format? I'm pretty sure I've got some software that'll do that but what do you recommend?

... matroskasplitter.ax.... mpcvideodec.ax for playback....

Found them here (Browse Media Player Classic - Home Cinema Files on SourceForge.net) and it looks like this covers installation (http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/03/downloading-stand-alone-filters-from.html) and then I take it I just select mpcvideodec in "MP Config - Video Codecs"?

Cheers.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @ thekiwi: I use ForTheRecord (wouldn't be without it!) and I can record the two SBS channels I have tuned in (at the same time if required)...
    Hi Bleazle

Thanks for that.

Something weird then with my system maybe :(

I note that I cant scan for the SBS channels, just get no signal with an ini file of:
    Code:
    [SATTYPE]
    1=1600
    2=Optus D1

[DVB]
    1=12456,H,22500,34,DVB-S
    2=12483,H,22500,34,DVB-S
    4=12646,V,12600,56,DVB-S

with 2 Satellite cards giving the same result.

but when I enter in manually the settings at
    SBSONE.jpg

and
    SBSTwo.jpg

and in TVServer the signal quality is almost 100% and the viewed picture is crystal clear.

Do you have the same settings as in those images?

Finally got the scanning of the SBS channels sorted ... and maybe its due to being Gisborne ... or ... :)

Instead of using 12646 as everyone else here is, I needed to use 12648 (which is what is listed on Lyngsat).
    Ran a scan and voila ... all SBS channels are now found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom